3COM 2977 OEM is really a ?

Post by R Collin » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

If so, that's because they don't support that modem. You buy an OEM
product, you usually have to look to the seller for support - not the
manufacturer.

Quote:> What retail modem does the 3COM OEM 2977 PCI modem equate to ?

> I'm thinking of buying one of these, but I need to know if there
> would be WIN2000 drivers available. 3COM doesn't seem to post
> much for the 2977 OEM.

> thanks,
>  bob

3COM 2977 OEM is really a ?

Post by jbob » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Yes but the reseller has to get support from the manufacturer.
I just purchased one also.  It seems to work ok.  This modem is not a
Windmodem so any inf file should work.  Haven't used Win2K yet but assume
the Win95/98 inf files will work in Win2K environment.  The modem doesn't
show a hardware id in Control Panel.

> If so, that's because they don't support that modem. You buy an OEM
> product, you usually have to look to the seller for support - not the
> manufacturer.

> > What retail modem does the 3COM OEM 2977 PCI modem equate to ?

> > I'm thinking of buying one of these, but I need to know if there
> > would be WIN2000 drivers available. 3COM doesn't seem to post
> > much for the 2977 OEM.

> > thanks,
> >  bob

3COM 2977 OEM is really a ?

Post by Rob Cla » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Anyway, if someone knows what retail modem this really is, I'd be
>interested.

It has the same features as the 3CP5610 retail modem, but it has a
different PCI subsystem ID, which means if the .inf file is checked, it
won't match.

http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

3COM 2977 OEM is really a ?

Post by R Collin » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Yes but the reseller has to get support from the manufacturer.

Not necessarily. Whatever "support" the reseller gets from the
manufacturer depends entirely on the agreement between the seller and
the manufacturer. That can range all the way from "full support" to
"Here they are - they're yours - have fun".

1. Problems?/Questions with 3Com 2977 OEM modem???

Just purchased an OEM 3Com 2977 PCI modem.  It seems to work fine except
that I have little experience with PCI modems and have a few
questions/problems.

1.  The modem will only go to Com 5.  Can this be changed?  This seems to
cause a problem when I use Hyperterminal in terminal mode to check modem
settings.  When setting up a connectoid it only gives me a choice of Com
ports 1-4 and not 5.  When I establish a terminal mode session the modem
only starts at 2400 baud.  I have set it up using direct to com4 and it
works but only at the slower 2400 baud setting.  Don't know how to change
this.  When I check the properties it shows 115000 baud setting!!  Is this a
limitation of Hyperterminal and/or do I need another Com program?

2.  I can change the Address settings but not the IRQ.  Right now it's going
to IRQ 9 with no conflicts.

2. HP 4M Problems!

3. USR 2977 OEM

4. More in hope than anticipation...

5. USR 56k PCI OEM 2977 - how to turn off auto-answer W2K ?

6. Amiga to Mac graphics converter?

7. Ugh USR OEM 2977 modem - error 629 ?

8. Sequential numbering for those that need it

9. USR 2977 OEM -- Can I "re-flash" the V90 code?

10. 3com/USR v.90/56K Model 2977

11. 3Com modem model # 2977 Help

12. Hooda, 3Com USR #2977, Any advice?

13. 3Com USR 2977 speaker volume