Radio Shack Modem II

Post by Shawn Shea » Fri, 11 Mar 1994 22:42:35

I have an old 300 baud Modem II from Radio Shack that I want to make
use of.  Problem is -- I lost the manual.  Does know the dial command
for this dinosaur?

Thanks in advance!
-shawn  :-)

Radio Shack Modem II

Post by mst.. » Mon, 14 Mar 1994 13:23:49

Quote:> I have an old 300 baud Modem II from Radio Shack that I want to make
> use of.  Problem is -- I lost the manual.  Does know the dial command
> for this dinosaur?

> Thanks in advance!
> -shawn  :-)

*. NUMBER X
ie
*. 415-9090 X
John Stahl
Toledo, OH

Radio Shack Modem II

Post by Jianqing » Tue, 15 Mar 1994 07:02:18

Quote:>I have an old 300 baud Modem II from Radio Shack that I want to make
>use of.  Problem is -- I lost the manual.  Does know the dial command
>for this dinosaur?

>Thanks in advance!
>-shawn  :-)

Try *.DT5551212x

You must type . to see the * and x is excute.

I have a 1200, guess it might work if the Modem II did have autodial.

ECE Dept.  Illinois Inst. of Tech.  |
Chicago, IL 60616                   |  Office phone: 312-567-6971

1. Radio Shack CLID Box (was: Radio Shack DID Box)

Funny, I had this same problem yesterday with my Radio Shack 43-958.

It happened while I was replacing the batteries.  Turns out that model
draws loop current from the line when the batteries are low or
removed.  Any chance it is a battery problem?

By the way, I found the manuals archive on the Radio Shack web site
quite useful, although it didn't mention this problem.  The manual for
this box is long lost, and I had forgotten that it could play
pre-programmed voice messages to blocked or un-ID'd callers.  Go to
www.radioshack.com and click on Product Manuals in the bar across the
top of the page.  Quite an extensive collection.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You know, I had a very similar problem
last week with a USB camera (Oregon Scientific). It does have a couple
little tiny batteries in it, but I had been assuming it got its power
off of the USB port. I accidentally dropped the camera on the floor
and about that time it quit working and all I got on its local LED
screen was gibberish. I assumed dropping it on the floor had done it
in, somehow broke its little internal circuit board, etc, so I sat it
aside. Exploring it a day or two later, I opened its trap door and
saw the two little batteries, one of which was badly corroded. I took
them out and got two new, fresh batteries and the cam started working
again; there was nothing wrong with it. I had been assuming it was
getting all its power off of the USB line; it did not occur to me that
it had those two tiny batteries in it also. PAT]

2. sorting in speedbar

3. The Year Was 1960 (was Allied Radio / Radio Shack)

4. WANTED: New F1GP-Ed logo

5. Allied Radio / Radio Shack

6. Database support

7. Allied Radio / Radio Shack?

8. Very off topic an I appologuise

9. Allied Radio / Radio Shack

10. Does Radio Shack Wireless Phone Extension Work With Modem?

11. Radio Shack/Comcast Deal = $75 RCA Cable Modem

12. Spam from Radio Shack

13. Beware: Radio Shack Ringers