Anyone using DSVD? I am having probs....

Anyone using DSVD? I am having probs....

Post by Neal » Mon, 06 May 1996 04:00:00

Anyone using DSVD ?  I have a DSVD modem (Boca Office Communicator 28.8 w/SVD). I am
having problems getting it to work in DSVD mode in several applications including Doom
II.  The Boca docs only mention DSVD on a small suppliment to the manual & this only
give the AT command to activate DSVD and nothing else.  I have called their tech
support & they seem to know nothing about it.  The docs for Intel Proshare (DSVD
capable document & app sharing SW) also do not mention the technology & their tech
support guy had a DSVD modem (USR Sportster) but hadn't got it to work either. I
finally got Proshare to run thru experimenting w/ an associate who purchased the same
model.

I am trying to find out about more DSVD applications & the techinical inforamtion
needed to implement it.  If you have a DSVD modem, Boca or otherwise, and have had
success w/any apps mentioned, I would like to here from you. I'll share anything I
know.

Thanks,
Neal Reiland

Salt Lake City,UT

Anyone using DSVD? I am having probs....

Post by Matt F » Tue, 07 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Anyone using DSVD ?  I have a DSVD modem (Boca Office Communicator 28.8
w/SVD). I am
>having problems getting it to work in DSVD mode in several applications

my belief is that you do not need a special application running to do
dsvd mode, when you are connected to a dsvd modem on the other end
and playing doom or xferring files all you hafto do (other then typing
an at command to turn it on) is to pick up the handset and the other
modem makes a ringing sound and thats it. i image in doom2 you would
set it to like 38.4 port rate flow off error correction off and
data compression off use a bps rate of 28800.. for enough slack...
cause dsvd requires 9600 bps from the data stream.. also i think
you may need to leave error corrrection on in order to do dsvd but
i dont know for sure so try expierementing...

if you got something that does voiceview thats where you get in the mess
of having some application support it

1. Is anyone usinng DSVD modems? I am having probs...

I have a DSVD modem (Boca Office Communicator 28.8 w/SVD).
I am having difficultly getting it to work in DSVD mode in several
applications including Doom II. The Boca docs only mention DSVD on a
small suppliment to the manual & this only gives the AT command to
activate DSVD and nothing else.  I have called their tech support & they
seem to know nothing about it.  The docs for Intel Proshare (DSVD capable
document & app sharing SW) also do not mention the technology & their
tech support guy had a DSVD modem (USR Sportster) but hadn't got it to
work either. I finally got Proshare to run thru experimenting w/ an
associate who purchased the same model.

I am trying to find out about more DSVD applications & the techinical
inforamtion needed to implement it.  If you have a DSVD modem, Boca or
otherwise and have had succeess getting it to run in any of the
aformentioned apps or just have some info that may be of use, please  E
me.

Neal Reiland

2. A4 user

3. anyone having probs with packard-bell 2400 modems?

4. getImage

5. anyone in the richmond virginia area having probs with road runner?

6. HELP! "Error Code 65"

7. anyone using DSVD

8. MS Word page numbers not printing

9. help! I am having slow connections

10. Am I having a modem problem?

11. I am having one hell of a time............

12. I am having trouble accessing DNS server from outside of firewall

13. Telocity, users please help, I am having problems sharing my dsl connection.........