Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Post by perlm.. » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

[Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but useful
box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact
that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.

Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same problem.

I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the E-machine
WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
only 12000 bps every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

[Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Post by shep....................... » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Get better modem drivers and make sure they are installed correctly unless the
modem is shot.Try here,

 http://www.modem-help.freeserve.co.uk    Alex Kemp's page
 http://808hi.com/56k/r-rnut-x2-3.htm     Troubleshooting
http://www.56k.com/
HTH*<:)

Quote:> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

> A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but useful
> box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact
> that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.

> Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
> but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same problem.

> I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
> and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the E-machine
> WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
> only 12000 bps every time.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks everyone.

> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

"Been there.Seen it.Done that.Got the Blue Screen".
http://www.mp3.com/artists/17/sheppard.html
http://www.karoo.co.uk/d-sheppard/index.htm

Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Post by Mark » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Get a PCI Phantom Driver from Zoltrix, got me up from :

max:36000 (1-50 chance)
norm:32000

max 37333 (7-8 chance)
norm 37333

one problem: connect sounds now play out of both modem spkr and sound card
spkrs.

>[Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

>A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but useful
>box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact
>that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.

>Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
>but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same problem.

>I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
>and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the E-machine
>WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
>only 12000 bps every time.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks everyone.

>[Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Post by Mant » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Could be the phone lines.
Even if its not the sole cause, get them checked out anyway, it will
probably make a difference.

> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

> A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but useful
> box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact
> that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.

> Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
> but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same problem.

> I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
> and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the E-machine
> WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
> only 12000 bps every time.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks everyone.

> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Post by J& » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Don't buy an emachine next time. You get what you pay for,shit.

> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

> A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but useful
> box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact
> that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.

> Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
> but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same problem.

> I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
> and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the E-machine
> WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
> only 12000 bps every time.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks everyone.

> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Post by James Lil » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

:->
:->[Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]
:->
:->A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but useful
:->box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact
:->that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.
:->
:->Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
:->but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same problem.
:->
:->I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
:->and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the E-machine
:->WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
:->only 12000 bps every time.
:->
:->Any ideas?

[posted and E-mailed]

That can be caused by a lot of things.

Is the phone line noisy?
If you pick up the phone and dial a digit can you hear noise?

Have they tried using a different phone cord or jack?

They could try running a phone line from the outside test jack to
their computer and see if that works better.
If it does, there is likely a problem with the internal wiring.

Have they tried unplugging all phones and then trying the computer?
There could be a phone causing problems.

I hope that this helps. 8-).

Windows 98 help at
http://www.ac.net/~lilesj

Post by R Collin » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

> A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but
useful
> box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the
fact
> that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.

> Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
> but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same
problem.

> I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
> and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the
E-machine
> WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
> only 12000 bps every time.

> Any ideas?

Only one.  There is _no_ command that will "force" the modem to
connect at a speed it determines it can't connect at.

You either have lines that won't support a higer speed (unlikely), a
modem that's just not very good, or a  configuration in the host
machibne (such as port speed) that is improper.

Post by Joe » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>[Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

>A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but useful
>box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact
>that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.

>Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
>but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same problem.

>I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
>and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the E-machine
>WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
>only 12000 bps every time.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks everyone.

>[Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Tell him to call the tech support number for the maker of his computer
(emachines I presume) and ask them you want a hyperterminal test done
on your modem. But it probably is a faulty modem(being that it is a
software modem).

Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Post by Here In Minnesot » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

The emachine 333 is a great computer for the price. The modems sucks though.
get a US Robotics for $60.

Low BPS with E-machine 333c and HSP Micromodem 56K

Post by Mark » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

The things work great for me and a lot of people i know

>Don't buy an emachine next time. You get what you pay for,shit.

Quote:>> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

>> A pal of mine just got an Emachine 333c. A fairly low price but useful
>> box for this person. Everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact
>> that their HSP Micromodem 56K only connects at 12,000 bps.

>> Any ideas or hints? At first I thought it was their ISP (Earthlink),
>> but they tried a separate account (AT&T). Still had the same problem.

>> I told them to do an AT&F and AT&W... as well as the AT&F&C1&D2&K3W1
>> and more specifically ATN0S37=14 command as specified on the E-machine
>> WWW page at http://www.e4me.com/techsupport/faq.html#modem -- still
>> only 12000 bps every time.

>> Any ideas?

>> Thanks everyone.

>> [Please reply to my E-mail address MINUS the PLUS sign!]

>> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

1. hsp micromodems in e-machines

i have users who purchased the 'e-machine' and received the standard
56k/v.90 dual hsp micromodem (pc-tel chipset) and are finding it difficult
connecting at anything higher that 28.8 (an occasional 33 or 34) and getting
frequent disconnects.  i might dismiss this as random but they are dialing
into the same livingston PM's with the second to the latest version of v.90
code, they live in opposite locations (kind of eliminating phone routing or
switches) and they have the exact same setup.  i have searched and searched
for drivers and come up empty.  the e-machine support site says that because
the modem is dual 56k / v.90 that they should work flawlessly, not need any
sort of firmware upgrade and not taking into consideration the X amount of
v.90 code in existence.

any suggestions on what to do besides tell these guys "you get what you pay
for"?

i think a firmware upgrade would work however i'm hesitant to pick a generic
PC-Tel driver because of past experiences with generic Lucent chipsets.  not
to mention the fact that firmware rev dates/code is often different despite
having the same chipsets.

i would really appreciate any and all help.

m. whyte

(remove NOSPAM if you  wish to reply)
'it's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye'

2. ?MODEMS ABROAD? i.e. outside USA

3. Cisco 5240 and 56K HSP Micromodems

4. USR Sportster V.FC good/bad?

5. PCTel HSP 56k Micromodem

6. RAMDISK

7. HSP 56K PCI Micromodem

8. bdc to win2000 when untouching pdc?

9. E-Machine Winmodem and 1200baud Dial-up server problem

10. E-machine external modem

11. HSP Micromodem Driver WinXP

12. HSP MICROMODEM IS DIALING ITSELF

13. HSP 56Kflex v.90 Micromodem