My US.Robotics Sportster 33.6 has problem

My US.Robotics Sportster 33.6 has problem

Post by Wong Chung Yan Bor » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Subject: My US.Robotics Sportster 33.6 has problem
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems
: I have unfortunately bought an US. Robotics Sportster modem and
: find that it cannot work in Winsock for dos. I can't hear any dialing
: with it. It also does not work in Kali for dos. But it can work in Telix
: and Warcraft II.
: I have sent it to the USR's distributor. 5 days later, they call
: me to collect it back since they found that it is perfect, no any
: problem. I am scared to take a bad modem back.
: I will write to this news group again next week to tell you about

: Power
: 9/5/96

My US.Robotics Sportster 33.6 has problem

Post by Vincent CHU » Mon, 09 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I have the same problem too. I bought one too and
i still can't connect to my internet provider.

I don't know why I'm so unlucky, I thot that
USR was a reputable brand. I cannot take it
back to the distributor bec they will pretend
that they don't know anything...

unlucky

1. US Robotics Sportster Voice external 33.6 faxmodem bps problem

I am new to this stuff so please bear with me.  I have just purchased a
US Robotics Sportster Voice external 33.6 faxmodem.  I bought it because
my Infotel modem went bad and PCMag gave the USR modem a good rating.
After I installed the US Robotics my port and connect BPS went down to
28800 or less on Netscape and AOL.

At least with the Infortel, according to Netscape, I had a port and
connect BPS of 115200 and a connect of 57600 on AOL.  I think I made
some changes in some .ini files.  Unfortunately I have CRS (Can't
Remember S**t) so I don't remember how I did it.

I have W3.1 and W95.  How can I boost my bps back to 115200?  I am poor
but poverty-stricken so buying any new expensive ($100+) hardware to
solve the problem is not in the cards right now.

I would appreciate any help you could give.

Thank you all,

Doug Russell

2. help, column number off by 1!!

3. us robotics sportster 28.8 faxmodem with 33.6 capabilities----problems

4. Local Machine Start Menu overides redirected menu

5. New US Robotics Sportster Voice 33.6 problem model 1172

6. CSS & FP 98

7. US Robotics Sportster WinModem 33.6 V.90 Upgrade

8. Norton Ghost 2000

9. U.S. Robotics 33.6 Sportster Winmodem

10. US Robotics 33.6 Sportster External Modem

11. How can I get hold of the software to support the US Robotics Sportster 33.6

12. Distinctive Ringing Woes with US Robotics Sportster Voice 33.6

13. US Robotics Sportsters 28.8 Vi (33.6) in the <<UK>> - Software Warehouse