Wake Up on Ring Info needed..

Post by Iain Bennet » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Internal modems work with the wake up on ring as well.

>Can any one clear this up..

>I have noticed that the PCI modems have a wake up on Ring connector..

>I have been led to believe that Only External Modems will work with a Wake
up on
>ring mother board..

>Or is it that only PCI modems does work as I have noticed that the
Disconnect on
>Idle is grey out...

>Thanks....

>The KIWI..

1. PCI hardware modem & wake-on-lan/wake-on-ring swap

I am thinking of getting an internal PCI modem.  Seeing that I also
want it to run on Linux, it has to be a hardware modem (ie. non
WinModem).  I also want it to start the PC up, that is boot up.

1) Can anybody suggest such a modem (or a shortlist)?
2) I've noticed that my motherboard only has the wake-on-lan connector
and not the wake-on-ring.  Is it OK to connect the wake-on-ring
connector on the PCI modem to the wake-on-lan connector on the
motherboard?  Or is this 'dangerous'?

Thanks,
Gervase

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Receive fax AND modem

3. Need a modem that supports Wake On Ring

4. Really, really urgent - Client for Microsoft Network Reinstall - Win2K

5. Wake-on-lan info needed

6. genre classification (was Re: RPG elements (was Re: genre unification))

7. HELP please - "Data Shield" UPS info needed...

8. Using STTY to change TTY characteristics

9. Need info on Elgar UPS

10. P4B-533E Wake-On-Ring (External *OK*, PCI *NOT* working)

11. Wake on Ring with no wires

12. Wake on Ring (Internal Modem) - to Connect to Motherboard

13. Do USR v.90 internal modems have wake-on-ring?