modem wake-up on ring (Lt winmodem)

Post by beehiv » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have an IBM Aptiva 2153 E3N with Win98, and the Lt win modem(1641?).
I upgraded from drivers 5.35 to 5.39 recently.  After installing them,
my computer turns on when the phone rings.  I checked the bios startup
screen and it says modem wake-up on ring is still disabled.  I then
tried re-installing the 5.35 drivers, but it still turns on.  Next, I
removed the modem from control panel and let windows automatically
detect it and chose the origional drivers(5.12) that came with the
compiuter.  Still did the same thing.  I e-mailed 56k.com and the
response was,"I have no idea".  Please help.  Is there something that
was changed in the registry that can be removed or brought back to its
original setup?

beehive

modem wake-up on ring (Lt winmodem)

Post by Chris Laws » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have an IBM Aptiva 2153 E3N with Win98, and the Lt win modem(1641?).
>I upgraded from drivers 5.35 to 5.39 recently.  After installing them,
>my computer turns on when the phone rings.  I checked the bios startup
>screen and it says modem wake-up on ring is still disabled.  I then
>tried re-installing the 5.35 drivers, but it still turns on.  Next, I
>removed the modem from control panel and let windows automatically
>detect it and chose the origional drivers(5.12) that came with the
>compiuter.  Still did the same thing.  I e-mailed 56k.com and the
>response was,"I have no idea".  Please help.  Is there something that
>was changed in the registry that can be removed or brought back to its
>original setup?

Did the IRQ that the modem was using change?  Look in your bios to
see if there is a section to monitor specific irqs for activity.
The modem-wake up may be monitoring just irq 5 for example.

-Chris

1. PCI hardware modem & wake-on-lan/wake-on-ring swap

I am thinking of getting an internal PCI modem.  Seeing that I also
want it to run on Linux, it has to be a hardware modem (ie. non
WinModem).  I also want it to start the PC up, that is boot up.

1) Can anybody suggest such a modem (or a shortlist)?
2) I've noticed that my motherboard only has the wake-on-lan connector
and not the wake-on-ring.  Is it OK to connect the wake-on-ring
connector on the PCI modem to the wake-on-lan connector on the
motherboard?  Or is this 'dangerous'?

Thanks,
Gervase

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Academic vs. Retail version

3. Wake-up ring on internal modem

4. Why can't i access sample data

5. Wake-Up Ring???

6. Big Brother Mxe9xico final 13.0

7. Good price USR sport 28.8???<<<<<<<<<<<

8. Informatik'96: Gemeinsame Jahrestagung der GI und OCG Jaja mein F├╝hrer! Lic

9. AP940-020 APC UPS Schema RS232<=>UPS

10. >>>>>>New Breakthrough!<<<<<<<<

11. Cisco Microcom vs. LT Winmodem (was: RE: LT Win Modems)

12. <<<<<Modem Gamers>>>>>