Anyone have a 33.6 IBM PCMCIA modem that works well?

Anyone have a 33.6 IBM PCMCIA modem that works well?

Post by J. Kevin Erw » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have an IBM PC card 33.6 modem that I have had constant problems
with when it is flashed for 33.6. The problem is that, part of the
time when it connects I get steady tone, and I have to reconnect
several times. When I flash it back using an old V34 flash program to
28.8 its ok.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Kevin

Anyone have a 33.6 IBM PCMCIA modem that works well?

Post by David Ro » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have an IBM PC card 33.6 modem that I have had constant problems
>with when it is flashed for 33.6.

Which IBM modem?  I have the 28.8 "International" modem (same as the
TDK 2814) which I recently flashed to 33.6; no problems connecting,
though I have yet to see top speed.

- David R.