Modems and Radiation

Post by Kevin W. Ram » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

> Whenever I fire up my modem my TV picture(indoor antenna) is completely
> Should we put modems in a led blanket to preserve our reproductive and
> non productive organs?

I wouldn't worry too much about the non-productive organs !  They're not
carrying
their weight anyway  :-)

--

Kevin W. Ramer                 (205) 975-6907
Programmer Analyst             FAX: (205) 934-6571

Modems and Radiation

Post by Adam N » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

Whenever I fire up my modem my TV picture(indoor antenna) is completely
blurred. Such  visual example of the electromagnetic waves is very
worrisome. Subject of a computer radiation is occasionally discussed.
What about modems, it seems that electric disturbance is quiet strong.

--

Kevin W. Ramer                 (205) 975-6907
Programmer Analyst             FAX: (205) 934-6571
Neurobiology Research Center   Dad to 4yr old Brian at Mac whose display is
CIRC 525A                      grayscale:  What happened to the  color son ?

Birmingham, AL 35394-0021      Brian: Allie used them up !

>Whenever I fire up my modem my TV picture(indoor antenna) is completely
>blurred. Such  visual example of the electromagnetic waves is very
>worrisome. Subject of a computer radiation is occasionally discussed.
>What about modems, it seems that electric disturbance is quiet strong.
>Should we put modems in a led blanket to preserve our reproductive and
>non productive organs?

I may be wrong but as far as I know, that is an example of the RF emissions
not Electromagnetic ones and thierfore is as safe as radio wave (y/n). I have
the exact same problems and had long wondered what it was.

http://www.mindspring.com/~robert/ben/ben.html
^ Grant Computer Home Page ^

Modems and Radiation