Cardinal upgrade-why bother

Post by M. Richard » Mon, 05 May 1997 04:00:00

I have a Cardinal 28.8 int. which was upgraded to 33.6 and just keeps on
working great.  It Does any and everything I want except connect at the
higher speeds, i.e. over 26.4.  I connect at 28.8 about 2% of the time.
This is not Cardinal's problem since my phone lines out here in the
boondocks will not support any higher speeds.  I don't do a lot of
downloading so why bother with the X2 or anything else that concerns
phone lines.  That is where the bottle neck occurs.  So I shall wait on
another technology like cable or satellite when the prices are more
affordable.
Good luck to all who in search of the higher speeds.
MR

1. LAT: What is it & why is it bothering me?

If a router is merely bridging LAT, it will not contain ANY "lat"
configuration commands (any more than a router bridging, oh, PUP or CHAOSNet
would contain commands for those protocols.)

Configuring a router for DECNet should not affect the bridging of LAT
in any way.

Further diagnosis would require a description of the sorts of LAT
problem that are being encountered.

BillW
cisco

2. netmeeting

3. HELP: I search of external Cardinal Fax MODEM model 2460 V.90 upgrade (Cardinal went bankrupt)

4. ACPI computer

5. Verizon"Switched 56" service? Why Bother?

6. which language to use ...?

7. Invasion of the Phone Snatchers (Why Bother With $0.25)

8. anyone got a Laotian font for Macintosh?

9. Why bother ISDN ???

10. Why Bother to Network?

11. Why not to bother with installing Comcast software

12. Why ulds half speed of dlds w/ Cardinal MVP288I and MicroLink?

13. Why did Cardinal drop FLASH?