3Com Megahertz Global 56k PC Card modem and 3Com Ethernet PC Card

3Com Megahertz Global 56k PC Card modem and 3Com Ethernet PC Card

Post by Nick Ramse » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have a 3Com PC Card Megahertz 56K Global Modem. Great!
I got a 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN CardBus PC Card - Great!
Problem - put both in the PC together and it hangs! Won't boot if off when
the cards are inserted; dies if on when the PC Cards are inserted.
This happens whether the laptop is a Compaq Armada or a Toshiba SatPro.
One answer is supposed to be changing the BIOS settings to ensure PCIC is
used for PC Cards. Another is to turn off the infrared port(!).
Neither of those works.

Anyone come across this before - the 3Com answer is:
Modem side of 3Com - "It's the LAN card people's fault."
LAN people say - "It's the modem people's fault".

Very helpful.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Nick