Dynalink IBM Mwave 33.6 Upgrade - FINALLY!!!

Dynalink IBM Mwave 33.6 Upgrade - FINALLY!!!

Post by Puddin' Hea » Sun, 17 Nov 1996 04:00:00

If you use an Dynalink Mwave voice/fax/wavetable soundcard combo card,
finally the 33.6 upgrade is available!  It is designed primarily for the
Dynalink S1428VH-M card (also the same card as the Askey card, or any
other card bearing the number "S1428VH-M" on it somewhere).  However,
Mwave technology is quite modular so it might work on other IBM Mwave
modems as well (probably requires MDSP2780 DSP chip).
        Right now, this upgrade is only available for Win95, and is currently a
BETA version.  It DOES work, however.  Although it is nearly impossible
to connect at greater than 26.4 to my ISP and to most BBS's in my town
(proven using my Mwave modem, SupraFAXModem 288, Cardinal 33.6, and my
friend's USR Sportster 33.6), I was able to verify that if the lines
were clean enough, it would actually be possible to get beyond 28.8
connects.  I set v.34 aggressiveness to max and had my friend call my
modem with his USR Sportster 33.6, and we both got "CONNECT 31200/ECLC"
(it's the first time either of us have ever connected beyond 28.8).
Also, hangup time is quicker (2-3 seconds vs. 7-10 seconds).  If your
phone lines are not very clean, you will probably not get very many 31.2
or 33.6 connects.
  It is also only available on Dynalink Holland's BBS.  If you want to
save long-distance charges to Holland, I am willing to file-attach a
copy of the 33.6 upgrade for Dynalink S1428VH-M combo card to anyone who
emails me with a request!

--
Shawn Lin                          "Here I sit all broken hearted..."
   Student at Southwest Missouri State University - Springfield MO

               My webpage: http://science.smsu.edu/~lin