2nd post RFD for Open TELEMATIC Group

Post by Ed piment » Tue, 27 Apr 1993 18:06:04

                                  RFD
                          Request For Discussion
                                for the
                          OPEN  TELEMATIC GROUP

                                  OTG

I have proposed the forming of a consortium/task force for the promotion
of NAPLPS/JPEG, FIF to openly discuss ways, method,
procedures,algorythms,
applications, implementation, extensions of NAPLPS/JPEG standards.
These standards should facilitate the creation of REAL_TIME Online
applications that make use of Voice, Video, Telecommuting, HiRes
graphics,
Conferencing, Distant Learning, Online order entry, Fax,in addition
these dicussion would assist all to better understand how SGML,CALS,
ODA,MIME,OODBMS,JPEG,MPEG,FRACTALS,SQL,CDrom,cdromXA,Kodak PhotoCD,TCL,
V.FAST,EIA/TIA562,can best be incorporated and implemented to
develop TELEMATIC/Multimedia applications....

We want to be able to support DOS, UNIX, MAC, WINDOWS, NT, OS/2
platforms.
It is our hope that individuals,developers, corporations, Universities,
R & D labs would join in in supporting such an endeavor.

This would be a NOT_FOR_PROFIT group with bylaws and charter. Already
many
corporation have decided to support OTG (Open TELEMATIC Group) so do not
delay joining if you are a developer

An RFD has been posted to form a usenet newsgroup and a FAQ will soon be
be compose to start promulgating what is known on the subject.
If you would like to be added to the mailist send email or mail to
the address below.

This group would publish an electronic quarterly NAPLPS/JPEG newsletter
as well as a hardcopy version.
We urge all who wants to see CMCs HiRes based applications
& the NAPLPS/JPEG G R O W,  decide to join and mutually benefit from
this NOT-FOR_PROFIT endeavor.

NOTE: Telematic has been defined by Mr. James Martin as the marriage
      of Voice, Video, Hi-res Graphics, Fax, IVR, Music over telephone
      lines/LAN.

If you would like to get involve write to me at:

  Atlanta, Georgia, US      | CIS     :  70611,3703

--

gatech!kd4nc!vdbsan!willard!edimg
emory!uumind!willard!edimg

2nd post RFD for Open TELEMATIC Group

Post by Terrance M Darc » Wed, 28 Apr 1993 04:00:41

I'm trying to use a hayes-compatible modem to dial a phone line for voice
purposes...The best I have been able to come up with in something like
the following:  ATS7=1DT555-1212 which causes the modem to give up on trying
to establish a data connection after 1 sec...a NO CARRIER result code is
signaled by the modem, and the call gets completed, provided you pick up the
receiver before the dial starts and hang up manually when done...

Is there a better or more standard way to do this?  Any help would be
appreciated...E-mail replies preferred...

Terrance M. Darcey, PhD

Post by jbrown.. » Thu, 29 Apr 1993 02:59:16

> I'm trying to use a hayes-compatible modem to dial a phone line for voice
> purposes...The best I have been able to come up with in something like
> the following:  ATS7=1DT555-1212 which causes the modem to give up on trying
> to establish a data connection after 1 sec...a NO CARRIER result code is
> signaled by the modem, and the call gets completed, provided you pick up the
> receiver before the dial starts and hang up manually when done...

> Is there a better or more standard way to do this?  Any help would be
> appreciated...E-mail replies preferred...

> Terrance M. Darcey, PhD

 If you are using a true Hayes modem, you simply need to add a semi-colon (;)
after the phone number, and don't mess with S7. This tells the modem to dial
the number then do NOT look for a carrier, but to return to command state
after dialing.

Joey Browning
Product Support Engineer
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

1. 2nd RFD for Open Telematic Group

                         RFD
                 Request For Discussion
                       for the
                 OPEN  TELEMATIC GROUP

                         OTG

I have proposed the forming of a consortium/task force for the
promotion of NAPLPS/JPEG, FIF to openly discuss ways, method,
procedures,algorythms, applications, implementation, extensions of
NAPLPS/JPEG standards.  These standards should facilitate the creation
of REAL_TIME Online applications that make use of Voice, Video,
Telecommuting, HiRes graphics, Conferencing, Distant Learning, Online
order entry, Fax,in addition these dicussion would assist all to
better understand how SGML,CALS, ODA,MIME,OODBMS,JPEG,MPEG,
FRACTALS,SQL,CDrom,cdromXA,Kodak PhotoCD,TCL, V.FAST,EIA/TIA562,can
best be incorporated and implemented to develop TELEMATIC/Multimedia
applications.

We want to be able to support DOS, UNIX, MAC, WINDOWS, NT, OS/2
platforms.  It is our hope that individuals,developers, corporations,
Universities, R & D labs would join in in supporting such an endeavor.

This would be a NOT_FOR_PROFIT group with bylaws and charter. Already
many corporation have decided to support OTG (Open TELEMATIC Group) so
do not delay joining if you are a developer

An RFD has been posted to form a usenet newsgroup and a FAQ will soon
be be compose to start promulgating what is known on the subject.  If
you would like to be added to the mailist send email or mail to the
address below.

This group would publish an electronic quarterly NAPLPS/JPEG
newsletter as well as a hardcopy version.  We urge all who wants to
see CMCs HiRes based applications & the NAPLPS/JPEG G R O W, decide to
join and mutually benefit from this NOT-FOR_PROFIT endeavor.

NOTE: Telematic has been defined by Mr. James Martin as the marriage
of Voice, Video, Hi-res Graphics, Fax, IVR, Music over telephone
lines/LAN.

If you would like to get involve write to me at:

Atlanta, Georgia, US      | CIS     :  70611,3703
                          | FidoNet :  1:133/407
                          | BBS     :  +1-404-985-1198 zyxel 14.4k

gatech!kd4nc!vdbsan!willard!edimg
emory!uumind!willard!edimg
Willard's House BBS, Atlanta, GA -- +1 (404) 664 8814

2. internet with the cisco 1603

3. UPDATED rfd for Open TELEMATIC Group

4. Long filename problem with GNU Emacs

5. UPDATED - RFD For Open TELEMATIC Group

6. vpn with iproute

7. 2nd RFD: comp.os.netware.* reorganization

8. Just brought it home and it won't load up any games or audio cd's

9. 2nd RFD comp.dcom.frame-relay

10. 2nd RFD: sci.engr.electrical.installation

11. 2nd RFD comp.dcom.frame-relay

12. 2nd RFD: comp.dcom.sys.3com

13. RFD: Dallas, TX area Cisco User Group