Wtd: Modem cable for Pcmcia modem

Post by Etop Udo » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for a modem cable for a Pcmcia modem that does not have an
X-jack and is used in a laptop...
  thanks..

|   Etop Udoh        |  Southern Polytechnic State University [89-##]  |
|  P.O. Box 4234     |  HTTP://Personal.atl.bellsouth.net/~s_druid     |

|     "IF YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHING, YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE..."           |

Wtd: Modem cable for Pcmcia modem

Post by Reed » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

try http://www.thesupplynet.com/
they have cables for all major vendors of PCMCIA modems

> I'm looking for a modem cable for a Pcmcia modem that does not have an
> X-jack and is used in a laptop...
>   thanks..

> --
> |   Etop Udoh        |  Southern Polytechnic State University [89-##]  |
> |  P.O. Box 4234     |  HTTP://Personal.atl.bellsouth.net/~s_druid     |

> |     "IF YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHING, YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE..."           |

1. My PCMCIA Modem is always recognized as Standard PCMCIA Card Modem

Hello,

I've just bought a ActionTec PCMCIA 56k flex Card Modem.

Installing it under Windows 95 A, the Modem is found as a DataLink
56k, and Windows tells me to insert the appropriate disk. After doing
so the modem is working fine!

Installing it under Windows 95 B, the Modem is recognized as a
Standard PCMCIA Modem. Positions of the Drivers is said to be  INF,
and no chance to replace this drivers by the ones of the disk that
came with the Modem. Diagnostics work on the Modem as a Standard
Modem, but it is getting no dialtone and is not working. Even placing
the mdmat.inf-File from the Disk in the INF directory doesn't help.

For differnt reasons, I want to use Win95b. Is there a fix, so I can
use the modem under Win95b??

Any help would be appreciated!

Please answer to my email (or cc:), but remove the X's before
replying.

Thank you!

Yours,

sky

2. GS games and Demos

3. WTD: Reviews of Montgomery (county, Maryland) Cable modem service

4. Can't add public key

5. PCMCIA Modem and Winfax 4.0 and PCMCIA Driver questions

6. Start Menu - Documents - Recent List

7. PCMCIA,PCMCIA MODEM

8. USR Modem Update Wizard Installation Files

9. Cable modem and connection 2 another cable modem user

10. Cable Modem Chat - Cable Modem Monopolies

11. modem cable PCMCIA