Upgrade here finally for USR X2

Post by Chin Che » Fri, 22 May 1998 04:00:00

It's here at :-
http://www.3com.com/56k/usr/oem_identify.html

Upgrade here finally for USR X2

Post by Chin Che » Fri, 22 May 1998 04:00:00

I just upgrade the 661787-02 to
V.90 and my connect speed is at
54666bps. Before the upgrade, I
connects at 52000...

It's a piece of cake upgrade. Be sure to
read the readme.txt for instruction..

Cheers,

CC

1. USR X2 vs ISDN (Was: USR X2 upgrade free or not?

That's amazing.

Down here, in my old France, our beloved operator - France Tlcom - is
marketing ISDN to make it affordable (not installation fee, rebate on
ISDN devices, rebate on digital calls, etc...). This policy does make
senses since 99.99 of France Tlcom network is digital. Why not then
converting the last 50 m of the network (between the customer and the
telco switch) ?

I heard that other european operators (Deutsch Telekom for example) have
the same gaol as France Telecom: trying to convert people to ISDN.

Most of the big ISPs in France charge the same fee as for analogic
connection: around 35 US $ unmettered access.

France Tlcoms charges around 40 US $/month for a BRI (compared to 15
US $ per analogic line).

[followup set to comp.dcom.isdn]

--
      Ung Awa

2. How to get ThreadID from driver

3. The New USR x2 to x2 upgrade

4. append binary data

5. x2 upgrade for USR modems-- A FULL explanation of how the upgrades work,........

6. 1201

7. How does USR X2 upgrade work on 33.6 USR Sportster internal modems

8. Help using PPP for OS/2 Warp

9. Cannot upgrade my USR Sportster Flash to X2, says USR wizard

10. Can't get my USR Sportster 56K X2 to flash upgrade

11. Upgrade/Tweak USR X2 Telepath

12. Upgrade USR 33.6 Ext. to X2 or V.90?