Twincom 14.4 kbds modem ?

Post by Damien Bill » Tue, 12 Jan 1993 14:12:39

  Anyone tried Twincom 14.4DF modem ?

1. Mac + supraFAX modem v32bis (14.4 kbd) problem

I have a problem trying to use the SupraFax modem with my Mac Powerbook
165 (sys 7.1, ZTerm 1.0.1).
I can't get any of the usual feedback to ZTerm ('OK', etc.) from the
modem to any modem commands I type - including the AT&F (factory
setting) commands.  When I try and auto-dial, ZTerm's dial window says
DTD 123 456
instead of
ATDT 123 456

The modem's display goes from 'OK' to 'DI', but no speaker noise, and,
after a few seconds it just gives up.

Normally, I use the internal 2400 bd modem (PSI PowerModem 1), and
naturally disable that (with the PB control panel) before trying the
SupraFax.

I also get this problem with an older (V21/23 !) modem I'm trying for a
friend, but then it has lots of DIP switches which are almost certainly
wrong by now.

I'm running the SupraFAX from a 9V **DC** adapter, since it wouldn't
work with the 9V **AC** which the case says it wants.  It powers up OK,
and the status panel comes to 'OK' after a second or so.

Thanks for reading, any wisdom will be acknowledged !

TIA, Ceri

--
   "When visiting the town of one-eyed people,
    visitors should close one eye"  -- Thai proverb

2. Emulator for iPAQ

3. Anyone have a TWINCOM 14.4/DFI Modem??

4. pilot's handbook

5. Twincom 14.4/DFi fax/modem

6. Encripted Telnet and LPD-LPR

7. HELP needed desparately for TWINCOM 14.4 FAX/MODEM (v.32bis/v.17)

8. LOOK!!! Your Printer Needs Ink

9. Twincom 14.4/DF power supply pinout

10. WANTED: INFO on TWINCOM 14.4/DF

11. TwinCom 14.4/DFI dip switches??

12. Configuring Twincom 14.4/DFI ???

13. How do I force a Twincom 14.4 df to use a lower speed