HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by Dann » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I don't know a whole lot about computers so PLEASE HELP!!  I have an IBM
Aptiva 535 computer.  When I bought the computer it had an internal 14.4
modem.  Today I bought a Cardinal 28.8 external modem.  i followed the
instructions but it cannot detect that i have the modem pluged in but it
does detect the 14.4 modem that i got with the computer.  I think that is
has to do something with the COM ports.  In the back of my computer I
have switches which tell you to go up or down for a different COM port,
do I have to change any of those or is that just for the 14.4 that came
with the computer?  Also i have two serial ports in the back of my
computer and i have the Cardinal 28.8 modem plugged into one of them.  I
have windows 3.1  PLEASE HELP!!
                                                     Thanks again,
                                                     Danny S.

1. Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

Hello Someone!
I have two PCs + a Lexmark 1250 laser hooked together through a D-Link
10/100 switch. The host machine: 192.168.0.1, WindowsXP, the client
192.168.0.2 WindowsME, and the printer is 192.168.0.8. I also have a
D-Link DSL100D internal card set-up and perfectly running in the host
machine. Sounds good, isn't it. Almost. Because, I can ping anybody
within the network without latency or packet loss, but the host and
the client machine doesn't see each other! Both prints through the
hub, but in the client machine Network Places only displays itselves,
and the host machine has absolutely nothing appear in the my network
places part....
No firewall program activated. The same workgroup name given, user
account created for the client user. The host NIC is a Realtek
RTL8139C the client NIC is a 3Com card.

I'd love to share files within my LAN
I'd love to share the ADSL as well.

Anibody can help me please!
Thanx in advance, mazsom

2. Make Money With Your Computer!

3. Help Help Help Help Help !!!!!!!!

4. Pen scanners

5. VPN --- HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

6. Blue Star FAQ (was Re: ALERT TO ALL PARENTS!)

7. NEWCOM X2 56K Modem ? HELP HELP HELP HELP

8. Amiga Kick Rom

9. HELP HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

10. C800: HELP HELP HELP!

11. help , help , help 2502 token ring router

12. HELP HELP HELP: DISABLING AT COMMAND ON MODEM PORTS

13. courses on cisco and wan routing------HELP----HELP---- HELP----