IBM Waverunner PCMCIA modem card for Analog & ISDN support under Windows 95 ...

IBM Waverunner PCMCIA modem card for Analog & ISDN support under Windows 95 ...

Post by bi.. » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> [www.ibm.com]

This might be the same as ftp.pc.ibm.com, if not go there and and
get /pub/pccbbs/allfiles.txt and search it for any possibly useful
files.

Billy Y..

IBM Waverunner PCMCIA modem card for Analog & ISDN support under Windows 95 ...

Post by Christopher A. Gardn » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I apologize for the inconvience of writing on such a dated subject.

However, I'm trying to make a IBM WaveRunner PCMCIA (ISDN or Analog)
modem operated under Windows 95.  On June 9th, 1996, Laurence V. Marks

comp.dcom.isdn on the subject that he had in his possession a
"long cookbook" on regressing the drivers to 16-bit versions
for making this particular modem card functional.

There seemed to be a partial explaination posted earlier by Mr. Marks.
It basically seems that removing the 32-bit socket services provided
by Windows 95 and installing 16-bit card socket services on the system
in question which then allows the WaveRunner PCMCIA installer routine
to run properly. If I can't find drivers which will run natively under
Windows 95, I'm planning on trying out this solution. However, I would
like to install native drivers on the laptop-in-question, one Toshiba
Tecra 720CDT.

I have not found what appears to be any drivers on the IBM ftp site
[ftp.networking.ibm.com] or their technical support web site
[www.ibm.com] to allow for 32-bit driver support under Windows 95
that seems to work.  If this is not the case, could anyone possibly
be of assistance on this subject?

I offer my thanks to all in advance for your assistance ...

--Christopher

P.S.: Is the WaveRunner Users Mailing List still active at

in the body of the message text)?  I'm just curious ...

P.P.S.: Would there be [or is there] support for the Analog
and/or ISDN functions of the WaevRunner PCMCIA modem card
under Windows NT [4.0]?

Christopher A. Gardner                         Voice: (909) 626-6768
610 E. Sixth Street                 Claremont, California 91711-4013