usr 5683 - comm port open

Post by Dan » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

A friend just changed from a Telepath 33.6 on a Gateway pentium system to
the v90 usr model 5683 and is now prone to getting comm port in use messages
when trying to connect from the desktop. Oddly enough they can connect going
through My Computer where they have a modem icon, that one I really don't
understand.

I have the same problems when I do the v90 upgrade on the telepath model
6000767 and end up uninstalling and going back to the original drivers.

The question in both cases is why does this happen and what can be done to
have useable modems?

Both systems are Gateways using win98 and 64 meg ram

Thanks in advance

1. USR 56K Winmodem model 5683 - NOISY!

How can I suppress completely the sound of connection negotiation. The
volume control (in modem configuration) has 3 levels but the sound stays the
same for all of them. Is there any command that can be added to make it
completely mute?
Thanks.
Dan.

2. Problem with NewByName in conversion Th -> CW Pascal

3. USR Winmodem 5683 vs. Data/Fax 5687

4. Whitelisting a virtual domain

5. 3com\USR winmodem model 5683

6. How to uninstall USRwinmodem 5683-01?

7. winmodem model 5683

8. Can't Open Comm Port

9. Windows 95 opens Comm port on startup

10. can ta comm port be opened with hayes commands

11. * How do I open 3 COMM PORTS at the SAME time?