bus error in netscape gold 3.01

Post by lacio.. » Wed, 21 Jan 1998 04:00:00

When ever I use netscape I keep getting random bus errors, that result
in netscape terminating.  I do not gget any other errors, the a buss
error in the xterm window.

Has anybody else received this error... If so how to I fix the problem??

Thanks

Lou

bus error in netscape gold 3.01

Post by Brett W. McC » Thu, 22 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>When ever I use netscape I keep getting random bus errors, that result
>in netscape terminating.  I do not gget any other errors, the a buss
>error in the xterm window.

>Has anybody else received this error... If so how to I fix the problem??

It has to do with an improper malloc call and Java, most of the time.
Take a look at the Java-Linux howto at http://www.blackdown.org for
instructions on how to fix the problem.  Basically, you need to get an
older gnumalloc library, create a wrapper script that exports the library
for netscape's use, then starts netscape.

Brett W. McCoy
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972

1. Bus error patch for netscape gold 3.01

Hi, does anyone know where I can get the/a patch for the "Bus Error"
problem in Netscape Gold 3.01. I know there's one out there 'caus I've
heard a lot about people having this same problem, but I'm not sure
where to get it. Thanks!
                                                -Evan

2. Faq

3. Netscape 3.00 and Netscape 3.01 crashes with Bus Error.

4. Strange error runing cgi's

5. Netscape 3.01 Java Bus Error Error Fixed!

6. Is the Intel eepro 10/100B usable?

7. Netscape 3.01 crashes under Linux: BUS ERROR

8. titan1.redmond.corp.ms postings (was: Why is emacs better than Visual C++)

9. "bus error" while *using* Netscape 3.01

10. Netscape and bus error with java (3.01)

11. Netscape 3.01 - Bus Error

12. Netscape Navigator 3.01 crashes w "bus error"

13. Netscape 3.01 on Red Hat 4.0... bus error