How do I change Time Zones??

Post by Chris Placht » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I recently moved from the East Coast to the West Coast, and obviously
my Linux box moved with me.  I was trying to change my machine time
to use PST rather than EST, but I couldn't figure it out.  When I used
the "date --set" command and specified the Time Zone to be "PST", my
machine automatically added 3 hours to the time (i.e., converted it to
EST).  How do I make my machine a West Coast resident???

Please email me with the response.  Thanks in advance.

--
Chris Plachta
DSC Communications

1. How to change time zone

Hi,every one
When I install Solaris 2.6 ,I chose time zone GMT+8
but now,because something about out software,I have
to change time zone to CST
how can I do it

Thnaks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. upgraded to 3.1.1 and now Exceed fails, whats wrong

3. QUE: How to change the time zone

4. Linux by FTP

5. Help!!! Need to change time zone.

6. HELP GURUS, do I want NT or UNIX???

7. Moving machines and changing time zones

8. Automount timeout?

9. changing time zone IPMcC

10. How do I change the Time Zone (BASH)

11. How to change TIME ZONE

12. HELP:CHANGE TIME ZONE TO GMT

13. CHANGE TIME ZONE