dat autoloader

Post by Julie Haro » Sat, 19 May 2001 22:50:50

I have a DS20 running tru64 v5.1, I have a seagate scorpion 240
6 tape dat autoloader.

Question - how do I talk to the tape ?

It seems to want to mount to /dev/changer/mc?  as opposed to
/dev/nrmt?h with a single drive on tru64 v4.  Can I use it
with dump or will I need to go down the route of some backup
software ?  If so which freebie do you recommend ?

Any help gratefully accepted !

Julie Harold

1. Dat Autoloader question

I'm thinking about buying an autoloader to do nightly
backups for a colocation machine.  The OS is Linux,
and the average bacckup size is around 4 Gigs.  I've
currently got a DDS-2 drive there.  and tape changes
are done weekly (in theory).  Has anyone had good or
bad experiences with any particular model which I
should look at or avoid?  And also what is a good
package to manage an autoloader on Linux?  And does
anyone know the commands to change tapes?  for example
if I've got tape 3 in the drive, how would I change to
tape 5?

TIA for any advice on HW models and SW packages.

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

2. ISO 8859-1 National Character Set FAQ

3. CONNER 8GB Internal DAT Autoloader

4. mail to: field

5. FS: Seagate 4586XP DAT AutoLoader

6. NIC Tuning Parameters

7. Sense Key Media Errors with Solaris 2.4 and 4mm DAT autoloader

8. linux and ADSL

9. Any pgm to change tapes in a dat autoloader?

10. HP DDS-2 DAT + Autoloader

11. Archive Python 4586 DAT Autoloader - I/O Error

12. Archive 4584 8GB DAT Autoloader?

13. Conner Internal DAT Autoloader under Linux