Tru64 Supported Hardware / IDE Hard Drive

Tru64 Supported Hardware / IDE Hard Drive

Post by jmcla.. » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 01:24:40

Does anyone know where to find a list of supported hardware for Tru64?  I
have a new 60GB IDE hard drive that I know works on my DEC 500a running
RedHat Linux 6.2, but I want to know if I can use this drive on the same box
running Tru64 5.0 or 5.1.  I don't need to boot off of this drive because I
also have two 4GB SCSI drives in the system.

Thanks,
-Jason

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Bob Koehl » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:23:44

> Does anyone know where to find a list of supported hardware for Tru64?     I
> have a new 60GB IDE hard drive that I know works on my DEC 500a running
> RedHat Linux 6.2, but I want to know if I can use this drive on the same box
> running Tru64 5.0 or 5.1.  I don't need to boot off of this drive because I
> also have two 4GB SCSI drives in the system.

The SPD.  Start from www.unix.compaq.com.

Bob Koehler                     | Computer Sciences Corporation
NASA GSFC Flight Software       | Federal Sector, Civil Group
                                | please remove ".aspm" when replying

Tru64 Supported Hardware / IDE Hard Drive

Post by Alan Rollow - Dr. File System's Home for Wayward Inode » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:30:05

You need to get the Software Product Description for the particular
version of the operating system; PDF copies are in the DOCUMENTATION
directory of the distribution CDROM.  You also want to track down the
last archived Systems and Options catalog chapter for the system or
the current QuickSpecs for the system.  Both of these will be available
from the corporate Web site.  These documents will show what hardware
is supported.
--

1. Large IDE Hard Drive as a Second Hard Drive

We are running Linux on an AST Bravo MS 4/66d 486 PC. Currently we have
installed a 524 MB IDE drive.  We need to add a second hard drive and I
have attempted to add a 1.08 GB IDE drive. The drive geometry for the
second drive is 16 heads, 2100 cylinders and 63 sectors.  The AST BIOS
will not permit a user defined  drive entry of greater than 16 heads and
1024 cyclinders.  However, the BIOS in auto-detect mode asigns the drive
entry of 64 heads, 525 cylinders and 63 sectors.  MSDOS will recognize
the drive.  When Lilo loads it reads the drive geometry from the BIOS and
ignores the second drive, the 1.08 GB drive.  The Linux error message is
the drive geometry is greater that 16 heads.  I have attempted to pipe
the drive geometry to Lilo by entering the true drive geometry in the
Lilo.conf as outlined in the Linux FAQ.  Linux will not recognize the
second drive.

2. Trouble burning RH 7.2 ISO with cdrecord

3. linux support for high-capacity enhanced IDE hard drives?

4. Apache and get file with a long name

5. : PCI IDE Hard-drive Controller is supported ?

6. Manually starting Common Desktop Environment.

7. LINUX Support for IDE Hard Drives > 1023 Cylinders

8. Xf86 4.0.x Nvidia drivers TNT PCI

9. does linux support ide hard drives in LBA mode?

10. Large IDE hard drive & "Big IDEs" HOWTO

11. Creating a hard drive image - sunos 5.7, scsi 20gb drive, archaic hardware

12. Supported Hardware with Tru64

13. Booting problems with EZ-Drive and 2 IDE hard drives.