Creating Tru64 Distribution CD: How is it done?

Creating Tru64 Distribution CD: How is it done?

Post by SkiDa » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I am interested in how other folks are producing product distribution
CD's for Tru64 products.  In particular I am interested in how it is
done on a shoestring budget.

I am the product manager of a fairly large UNIX Product that has always
been distributed on Tape. I would like to move the distribution to CD.

SkiDad . . .

--- Daddy, why are we hiding?
--- Because, son, we are Emacs users and they use vi!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Daniel Schunnem » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

: I am interested in how other folks are producing product distribution
: CD's for Tru64 products.  In particular I am interested in how it is
: done on a shoestring budget.

: I am the product manager of a fairly large UNIX Product that has always
: been distributed on Tape. I would like to move the distribution to CD.

: SkiDad . . .

: --- Daddy, why are we hiding?
: --- Because, son, we are Emacs users and they use vi!

: Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: Before you buy.

Take a look at the "Guide to Preparing Product Kits"

Post by SkiDa » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> : I am interested in how other folks are producing product
distribution
> : CD's for Tru64 products.  In particular I am interested in how it is
> : done on a shoestring budget.

> : I am the product manager of a fairly large UNIX Product that has
always
> : been distributed on Tape. I would like to move the distribution to
CD.

> : SkiDad . . .

> Take a look at the "Guide to Preparing Product Kits"

I assume that this document should be on the Tru64 4.0D Documentation
CD.  Correct?  If so I need to figure out why bookreader cannot find it.

SkiDad
--
--- Daddy, why are we hiding?
--- Because, son, we are Emacs users and they use vi!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Creating Tru64 Distribution CD: How is it done?

Post by Martin Oett » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

<...>

Quote:> I assume that this document should be on the Tru64 4.0D Documentation
> CD.  Correct?  If so I need to figure out why bookreader cannot find it.

> SkiDad
> --
> --- Daddy, why are we hiding?
> --- Because, son, we are Emacs users and they use vi!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hello SkiDad,

you can find this online on the TRU64 Website:

http://tru64unix.compaq.com/faqs/publications/pub_page/V40D_DOCS.HTM#...

The "Guide to Preparing Pruduct Kits" is available in HTML and PDF.

Hope this helps, Martin

1. CD-R/RW setup-what am I doing wrong?

I have both a DVD-ROM and a CD-R/RW in my system and I'm having no luck
setting them up under SuSE Linux 7.0 (kernel 2.4.0). Both are ATAPI and are
recognized during boot up. With standard ATAPI kernel support I can get
both to be recognized as mountable and can read CDROMs from them but I
cannot get X-CDRoast to recognize my writer. Per SuSE instructions I added
hdc(my writer)=ide-scsi to LILO and <alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi> to
/etc/modules.conf. The writer is now recognized by X-CDRoast as the writer
but also as the reader (I want to use my DVD as the reader rather than
using a hard drive buffer). Further, my CD-R/RW is no longer mountable- I
get a "wrong major or minor number" error. cdrecord identifies the writer
as
scsibus0: 0,0,0    0) 'RICOH   ' 'CD-R/RW MP7040A ' '1.40' RemovableCD-ROM
but  where do I go from there? Do I have to set major/minor numbers and if
so how? I initially set up both drives with SCSI emulation and then NEITHER
of them was mountable. What am I doing wrong?

                                                Thanks,
                                                Alan Claunch

2. mail prob

3. Creating my own distribution CD?!?

4. ! "raw" netcat source code -- please help

5. Burning CD's what am I doing wrong?

6. Good Hardware for Software RAID

7. Linux CD distribution for Phillips CM206 cd rom

8. newbie: mouse problem with X-windows

9. I am fed up with Gate$ and need some advice on which distribution to get!

10. I am having troubles installing StarOffice 5.2 from the RedHat 7.2 distribution

11. How to create kernel-level threads in Tru64 5.1?

12. HP's doing away with Tru64

13. CD-R devices and creating bootable cds