Turning Off the Caa monitor

Post by Marc Big » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:27:43

Dear All,
We have a Cluster that for one reason or another is not being used to
make applications highly available. It is a live client facing system
so any change has to be one step at a time. We want to introduce the
use of caa to make applications highly available. As a first step I
would like the Sys admins to be able to use caa_start, caa_stop, and
caa_relocate but without the applications being monitored. So if an
application fails it will not attempt to be restarted.
Is it possible to do this? Can I use the caa tools without the
applications being monitored through either turning off the monitor or
through a parameter in the application's profile.

I suggested not registering the applications and just using "app.scr
start" for example. Is there a better way than this?

Thanks loads for the help!

Marc

Turning Off the Caa monitor

Post by system PRIVILEGED accoun » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:45:16

> Dear All,
> We have a Cluster that for one reason or another is not being used to
> make applications highly available. It is a live client facing system
> so any change has to be one step at a time. We want to introduce the
> use of caa to make applications highly available. As a first step I
> would like the Sys admins to be able to use caa_start, caa_stop, and
> caa_relocate but without the applications being monitored. So if an
> application fails it will not attempt to be restarted.
> Is it possible to do this? Can I use the caa tools without the
> applications being monitored through either turning off the monitor or
> through a parameter in the application's profile.

> I suggested not registering the applications and just using "app.scr
> start" for example. Is there a better way than this?

> Thanks loads for the help!

> Marc

Marc,
Use a dummy example like xclock.