blank screen after a few minutes

Post by Reinhard Eigne » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:11:17

Hi all!

I have to configure an old Alpha Station (200 MHz) for a monitoring team.
They want to connect a beamer on the vga port and therefore I need a
permanent
screen. It seems that Tru64 4.0G disables the vga port after a few minutes.
But when I want to start dxpower the program says that the Alpha Station has
no power management.
What else could I do?

Thanks in advance!

Reinhard

1. Toshiba screen goes blank after 20+ minutes

I don't know if I've asked this here before. I've looked all over the net
and have not been able to provide the answer.

Wife's Toshiba Sat. A45/S151 runs Slackware 9.1 and KDE.

Every 20 minutes or so the screen goes blank (even if you are using mouse)
and you MUST hit any key to return it. Major PITA.

So far, the best docs I can find say that Fn+F2 should 'rotate' the machine
through various power-stages. But it does not work no matter how many times
I've tried it.

I've checked all the power/energy settings to 'off" in KDE but maybe Slack
is still set to ACPI or APM or something? Personally I think its a hardware
thing that can only be reset in Windows via the Toshiba "console."  I've
checked the BIOS and don't see anything there that would cause this.

If anyone has an idea, let me know. It's been driving me bats for the past
year!

Al

2. Running something from cron as another user.

3. Monitor screen goes blank after 5-10 minutes...

4. kern.flp cannot boot my NEC pc98 laptop!

5. vi blanks out, long listing blanks screen

6. recursive call problem (what's wrong with my ls?)

7. olvwm- get current screen and blank screen

8. Slip Questions

9. Console-Screen-Blanking: black chars on white screen

10. Automount waits a few minutes at boot time

11. blank now, then standby in 10 minutes

12. SUSE hangs after a few minutes..

13. VPN over PPP grinds to a halt after a few minutes!