X-Windows Workspaces

Post by Pascal Dorio » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

We are having a problem here at work with X-Windows.

We use Compaq Tru64 UNIX 4.0f with X-Windows.
Now we are a team of operators with userids all pointing to the same
folder and using the same settings.

But, I'm the only one having 4 workspaces, the others can't switch!
It seems that there is a .TTauthority file in our home that I own and
that only I can rw to. Now if I delete it, the next guy to log in
creates this file automatically and gets 4 workspaces, I lose em.

Can someone help us please.

Thanks.

Pascal Dorion

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. apache & search engines

3. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

4. Problem with ipchains using udp port 65535

5. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

6. Slip/ppp

7. X-Windows windows, dem dam windows!

8. panic: page fault

9. What is the difference between workspace and virtual workspace?

10. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?

11. : Install free X-Windows server on Windows NT Workstation 4.0

12. Why doesn't X-Windows look as good as MS Windows?

13. X-Windows probem with fonts and windows