User login recording

Post by Andrew Rycro » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:36:39

Hi,

I am trying to set up Tru64UNIX such that I can find out when a user
logs into, and out of the system, and when the logins fail. I have
tried to use the syslogd, but this only seems to capture the root
logins logging it to /var/adm/syslog.dated/current/auth.log.

Any suggestions as to how to set up syslogd to capture user logins, or
how else to approach this topic appreciate.

Thanks
Andrew

User login recording

Post by Ann Majesk » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 06:10:53

The Audit subsystem will do this.  There is information
in the Security Manual.

1. user login record

I got following problem:

Some user logged out ungracefully, and this left him to be shown upon
"w"
query, and shown as "currently logged in".   However, I cannot find the
existing
login process with "ps -ef" and therefore cannot "kill" the process.

How can I correct the system information? (kill it and prevent the
"false" info
to be shown on "w"?)

Thanks in advance!

Zhiliang

2. netbsd or openbsd

3. Login without login getting recorded into last login file

4. July 31, 2002

5. How to get a user's last login record?

6. debugging & profiling API spec

7. Being able to record the original login id of an anonymous FTP user.....

8. How to have 2 CDROM(ATAPI) drives.

9. Record all commands users typed when login?

10. how to trace users' login and logout records

11. How to get user's login record?

12. How can I get login to record all logins?

13. getting users login name after login from server