TruCluster, AdvFS to HP-UX

Post by Michael Mimo » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 08:42:24

I am the news editor for SearchHP.com http://searchhp.techtarget.com
and I am looking for Tru64 users who might be willing to provide me
some feedback for a story that I am working on that will be published
on our site.

First off, a disclaimer. Our site operates independent of
Hewlett-Packard. We have no affiliation with HP; we are part of the
TechTarget portfolio of news and information Web sites.

Our site's primary focus is on HP-UX users and the issues they
confront every day.

Currently, I'm assembling material for a piece on the high
availability features HP plans to salvage from Tru64 before it is put
on the shelf in 2004, namely TruCluster and Advanced File Systems.

I'm looking for some Tru64 user feedback on the value of these two
features, strong points, weak points. In short, what's so special
about Tru64? Anecdotal evidence is invaluable to our reporting and is
greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mike

TruCluster, AdvFS to HP-UX

Post by Thomas L. Sjolshage » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:10:31

As far as I know (and considering where I work, I should know a thing or
two about this ;) there are no plans to *shelf* Tru64 UNIX in 2004.

There are currently - according to our official Plan of Record/roadmaps
- 2 relevant events associated w/the year 2004. One is the release of
TruCluster and associated technologies on HP-UX and the other is the
planned release of the Tru64 UNIX/TruCluster release codenamed Utah.

The official plan of record is, has been and remains; to support Tru64
UNIX/TruCluster on AlphaServer for the duration the AlphaServer platform
lifetime.

Rgds,

        // Thomas
--
Thomas Sjolshagen               #include "std_disclaimer.h"
Technical Consultant

[SNIP]

 > Currently, I'm assembling material for a piece on the high
 > availability features HP plans to salvage from Tru64 before it is put
 > on the shelf in 2004, namely TruCluster and Advanced File Systems.

[SNIP]

1. Difference between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20

Hello,

what are the differences between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20?

I ask because one of our customers want to evalute our software
(which was developed on 10.10) on HP-UX 10.20. Is there full
backward compatibility?

Thanks for your helps

        Rainer

Rainer Freis    -       Systemadministrator

santix software GmbH
Max-Planck-Str. 7
D-85716 Unterschleissheim

Phone: (+49) 89 321506-24
Fax  : (+49) 89 321506-99

You don't know what real time-critical software is until
you're responsible for the paychecks of a battalion of
heavily armed Marines.

        (somebody in alt.sysadmin.recovery)

2. SPARCserver NIS master & Ultra140

3. hp-ux C compiler flags vs hp-aix C compiler flags

4. rc.d

5. How install SSL on HP 580 HP-UX 11 with Iplanet 4.1?, pcumming

6. KMix in KDE

7. Problems with NFS mount from HP 9000, HP-UX 9.0

8. Where to find snmp?

9. FS: HP PA-RISC HP-UX 715/50 Server Workstation now at only $10.50

10. HP-UX with HP OpenView's Network Node Manager & Vantage Point Operations - Security...

11. Xmodem on a HP 9000 712/60 running HP-UX 10.20

12. Sun versus HP servers and Solaris vs. HP-UX

13. Tru64 documentations (e.g. docs.hp.com can HP-UX many PDF documentations)