command similar to top or monitor in v5.1

command similar to top or monitor in v5.1

Post by lared » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:00:58

Hello,
I have installed a es45 with tru 64 unix 5.1a. Command monitor do not work.
Please can you tell me some tool like monitor or top valid in version 5.1a?
(perphaps command "collect", which parameter?)
Thanks

command similar to top or monitor in v5.1

Post by Alan Rollow - Dr. File System's Home for Wayward Inode » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:34:25

>Hello,
>I have installed a es45 with tru 64 unix 5.1a. Command monitor do not work.
>Please can you tell me some tool like monitor or top valid in version 5.1a?
>(perphaps command "collect", which parameter?)

What version of Monitor?  Generally, it needs to be recompiled for
each new version.  I updated it for V5 last year and have built
versions through V5.1A.  I don't know if the V5.1A version made
it to the last kit I got put on the old Digital ftp site.  If you
have V1.8 of Monitor, then it should compile and run on V5.1A.

If you have an earlier version, get the newer tar archive.  Last
I looked it was on:

        ftp.digital.com:/pub/DEC/monitor.alpha.tar.Z

Quote:>Thanks

--

Post by Wolfgang Rup » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:45:07

> Hello,
> I have installed a es45 with tru 64 unix 5.1a. Command monitor do not work.
> Please can you tell me some tool like monitor or top valid in version 5.1a?

A "monitor" command that matches the system is on the Open Source CD
that comes with the Tru64 media set.

Wolfgang Rupp
 "spamtrap" is a valid address. For faster response, write to "rupp".

Post by Michael Heimin » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:59:26

> Hello,
> I have installed a es45 with tru 64 unix 5.1a. Command monitor do not work.
> Please can you tell me some tool like monitor or top valid in version 5.1a?
> (perphaps command "collect", which parameter?)

You can simply compile top, works like a charm.

--
Michael Heiming

inconvenience, but I get tons of SPAM

1. GREP-able command similar to TOP?

Does anyone know of a UNIX command that is similar to TOP?  I'm trying to
write
a memory management script that will send a message to the user who is
taking up
the most memory when the amount of free memory drops.

The problem with TOP is that you can't use grep. The output from TOP is
more than one page, and the processes that I am concerned about are
usually on the borderline of the first and second pages. Plus, I really
want a command that doesn't depend on how big your hp-term window is. (When
I make the window smaller, TOP's output can take 9 pages or more.)

Unfortunately the PS command doesn't tell me how much memory (or CPU%) the
process is taking up.

OR --do you know of any memory-management software?  If you could give me
the
name of the software and the company's phone number, that would be great
also.

Thank you in advance,
Victoria Szombathy

2. SLIP - I just can't do it!

3. S bit attribute and environmental variables

4. Need an AIX comand that is similar to Linix ipchains command or freeBSD ipfw command

5. Error messages when doing port forwarding from a client to the OpenSSH server

6. Using TOP (monitoring top processes)

7. wait3 on Solaris2.4

8. Similar to top utility under Linux

9. A "top" or a similar program under AIX ?

10. Is there a new version of "top" or some similar utility?

11. HELP: "TOP" Command and "SZ" command