vi seems not to support French accents in text file body

vi seems not to support French accents in text file body

Post by Geert Van Pame » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:52:03

When I use vi to edit a text file containing French accents, then the vi
cursor seems to be lost in space.

Hitting ctrl-r to do a screen refresh does not help.

Any solutions ?

vi seems not to support French accents in text file body

Post by Bob Harri » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:27:00

X When I use vi to edit a text file containing French accents, then the vi
X cursor seems to be lost in space.
X Hitting ctrl-r to do a screen refresh does not help.
X Any solutions ?

I have been using Vim as my editor for the past few months and it is a
very nice vi environment that offers a lot of extras.  While this does
not actually get Tru64 UNIX vi fixed, Vim may be both a work around and
a productivity enhancement for your work environment:

        <www.vim.org>
        <vim.sourceforge.net>

Vim discussions occur in the comp.editors news group.

                                        Bob Harris

PS.  If you really need to have Compaq look at fixing Tru64 UNIX vi,
then I would suggest escalating the problem via your customer support
center.

1. Wanted: French applications and French Sun support

Fellow Sun worshippors,

I am looking for inexpensive French speaking applications for a SparcStation1
running Solaris 2.5. I know about Emacs derived MULE. I am looking for a
word processor mainly. Do you know if Oleo supports European languages?
The names (and phone numbers) of French companies that offer Sun products &
services would also be appreciated (especially if in Martinique, Guadalope
or St. Martin:French West Indies). I will post a summary or possibly an
FAQ.

All help appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

J.C. Magras

2. Caldera OL: Tcl/Tk & Python Configuration

3. French Keyboard Not recognized in KDE but good in text mode

4. developing os

5. french accent

6. gcc-i2.6.3 and signal 11

7. French/German/... accents on a US keyboard

8. Mozilla 1.0 under solaris 2.7

9. French accents

10. CDE keyboard remapping for French accents?

11. French Accents

12. How do I produce french accented chars

13. French keyboard without accent? - REHHAT 5.1