Disk Monitoring

Post by Marc Big » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:39:33

Dear All,
A general question about hardware monitoring. I run two tru64 Unix
boxes and two clusters all running 5.1a. The clusters both use a HSG80
module as an interface to its disks.

Can anyone tell me what commands or methods they use to interrogate
hardware problems such as disk and scsi failure on both clustered and
non-clustered systems.

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards
Marc

Disk Monitoring

Post by Eric de Redelijkhei » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 23:11:32

> Dear All,
> A general question about hardware monitoring. I run two tru64 Unix
> boxes and two clusters all running 5.1a. The clusters both use a HSG80
> module as an interface to its disks.

> Can anyone tell me what commands or methods they use to interrogate
> hardware problems such as disk and scsi failure on both clustered and
> non-clustered systems.

> Thanks for your help

> Kind Regards
> Marc

Storage Works Command Console ?

Disk Monitoring

Post by Emmanuel Choqu » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:54:53

> Dear All,
> A general question about hardware monitoring. I run two tru64 Unix
> boxes and two clusters all running 5.1a. The clusters both use a HSG80
> module as an interface to its disks.

> Can anyone tell me what commands or methods they use to interrogate
> hardware problems such as disk and scsi failure on both clustered and
> non-clustered systems.

Hi Marc,

If you want to monitor the physical disks behind the HSG80, use SWCC,
storageworks command console, or hsxterm utility to script on Unix

If you want to monitor logical disk and storage interconnect from
Unix, use dia (Decevent subset) and/or evm event manager utility (man
evm as a starter)

in both cases, it does not matter if you're running a cluster or not,
at least in default cluster configurations.

Cheers,

1. Disk monitoring

Hello,

Is there a way to tell who is reading from or writting to
a particular disk partition mounted on a given machine?
I have an often completely full disk hosted by the
machine I use. The write failed warnings keep showing
on my window when somebody try to write to the disk
that already full. I hope I know who is writting
to the disk and tell him/her to stop right away.

Thanks!

Alex

2. NNTP error posting messages

3. Disk Monitoring (no doubt yet again...)

4. SB PnP 16 problem after motherboard upgrade

5. Automated disk monitoring

6. Configuring a machine to use Redhat as a firewall

7. smartd hard disk monitoring question

8. setting up gcc/binutils on hpux 10.10 system

9. Disk IO Performance monitor

10. monitoring disk space?

11. tools to monitor disk stats

12. No Forth Monitor/can't find disk