Combining multiple setld install kits

Post by Albert Chin-A-Youn » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 01:11:14

I have two setld-installable kits:
  /tmp/PKG1
  /tmp/PKG2

To install, I do:
  $ cd /tmp/PKG1
  $ setld -l . PKG1BIN425
  $ cd /tmp/PKG2
  $ setld -l . PKG2BIN425

I would like to be able to do:
  $ cd /tmp/[blah]
  $ setld -l . PKG1BIN425 PKG2BIN425

How do I combine the two setld-installable kits?

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword DOT com)

1. setld -d doesn't delete directories created when installing product with setld -l

I have created a product kit with 1 subset and installed it on a test
system. This product creates several directories and files. However,
when I try to remove the product, all the files are removed, but the
(now empty) directories remain.

I have tried the following:

- Setting the subset flag to 0 or 2 in the key file

- Setting the volatility flag in the master inventory file to 0 or 2

- Installing on 4.0D and 5.1A

- Changing permissions of the directories to be installed and their
parent directories

These directories do not exist on the servers prior to product
installation.

I could create a subset control program to do the deletion, but it
would become messy as it would have to be updated every time I added a
directory to the product.

Is there an easier way?

2. Sol8 NIS Environment RPC Problems

3. setld shows packages but also says they are not installed etc...

4. Pipe character '|' in a vi abbreviation

5. setld -d doesn't delete directories that are created as part of a product installed with setld -l

6. playmidi random channel swapping???

7. ISDN, Linux, Combining Multiple B channels

8. /tmp permissions?

9. Combine multiple Internet connections for load balancing and failover.

10. Multiple Mibs or combining mibs.txt

11. combining multiple console history

12. Combining multiple wifi sources/signals for more bandwidth?

13. ABUSE REPORT: COMBINE MULTIPLE HARD DRIVES FOR FREE