EMC with Tru64

Post by Eric Headl » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 04:19:51

Does anyone have any experience using EMC SAN solutions with Tru64 ?
Were there any interoperability issues, reliabilty support etc.  Any
feedback would be welcome.

Eric Headley

EMC with Tru64

Post by Joel Gallu » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:08:48

> Does anyone have any experience using EMC SAN solutions with Tru64 ?
> Were there any interoperability issues, reliabilty support etc.  Any
> feedback would be welcome

We've done it. It works OK. Some of the EMC management tools don't run
on Tru64 so you will need some other flavor client on the SAN to
handle some of the management tasks -- don't remember specifically
what though.

I guess it works pretty well as we did the install 6 months or more
ago and it hasn't been on my radar since then!

--
Joel Gallun

http://www.tux.org/~joel

1. EMC, TRU64, and ADVFS

Hi all, I'm going to be doing some work soon on a TRU64 server using
Advanced filesystems and has its storage on an EMC frame. The customer
requires a 2nd copy of their data, created using EMC's TimeFinder
software, to be mounted onto the same host. Does anyone know if ADVFS
uses something like disk-ids or domain-ids etc? If so is there a way to
manually change the id before mounting it so there is not two copies of
the same id on the system at one time.

Thanks for your assistance.

Dave

--
Dave Hamilton
Business Enterprise Consulting Pty Ltd

2. Xterm Problems w/ kernel 1.3.8

3. Migration Tru64 4.0D to Tru64 5.1

4. can't resolve symbol _Xcatopen in RedHat 5.1

5. Compaq Tru64 now officially HP Tru64?

6. what's ideal config for high school science lab?

7. Booting from EMC array

8. How to upgrade kernel sources from CDROM?

9. scsi device options and the EMC.

10. HACMP with shared disk as EMC

11. Solaris - stripe at O/S or stripe at EMC?

12. EMC Clariion + Qlogic + Sun = mess

13. EMC disks on E10k domain