Postgresql and Trucluster 5.1

Post by Snip3 » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 02:13:55

Hi,

i'm trying to put postgresql db server
in high availibility using the example script
for ORACLE, but it don't migrate or restart
and require always 'human intervention' .

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

S.

Postgresql and Trucluster 5.1

Post by /WB/ » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:22:12

Could you post the error messages you are getting and what human
intervention is required. Does the scripts work when executed outside of
CAA?

On 12/5/02 9:13, in article

> Hi,

> i'm trying to put postgresql db server
> in high availibility using the example script
> for ORACLE, but it don't migrate or restart
> and require always 'human intervention' .

> Any ideas ?

> Thanks.

> S.

Postgresql and Trucluster 5.1

Post by Snip3 » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 01:58:35

The error in the syslog is exactly :

"pgsql on member node1 has experienced an unrecoverable failure.
Human Intervention required to resume its availability."

The script works when launched by hand and works when launched the first
time via sysman, in the caa section. But it don't work when happens
a failure.

After the failure this is the result of the command 'caa_stat' :

NAME=pgsql
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=UNKNOWN on node1

It's in an UNKNOW state.

All other resource are working well.

Any idea ?

> Could you post the error messages you are getting and what human
> intervention is required. Does the scripts work when executed outside of
> CAA?

> On 12/5/02 9:13, in article

>> Hi,

>> i'm trying to put postgresql db server in high availibility using the
>> example script for ORACLE, but it don't migrate or restart and require
>> always 'human intervention' .

>> Any ideas ?

>> Thanks.

>> S.

1. Patching tru64 5.1/trucluster 5.1

Hi,

i have these patch kit installed :
Patches installed on the system came from following patch kits:

        - T64V51AS0001-20001114 OSF510
        - T64V51AS0001-20001114 TCR510
        - T64V51AS0003-20010413 OSF510
        - T64V51AS0003-20010413 TCR510

As you can see only patch kit 1 and 3 are installed.

I need to upgrade to the last patch kit (KIT 6 Feb 2003)

Should i first install previous patch kit like 4 and 5 or i can
install directly kit 6 ?

Thanks.

S.

2. Wirus 98 failure

3. Quota in Trucluster 5.1 environment

4. 2nd hard drive on 256K shown / Sol 7 /x86

5. PostgreSQL with TruCluster

6. procps compiling problmes: ld: unrecognized option `-Wl'

7. Help for APACHE 1.2 with PHP 2 to access PostgreSQL 6.2 on REDHAT 5.1

8. yppasswd - linux client, solaris server

9. HELP PHP and PostGreSQL on Redhat 5.1

10. RH 5.1: RPM Install of postgresql failed...

11. Help: R/H 5.1 upgrade & postgresql

12. AIX 5.1.B and 5.1.C and AIX 5.1.D

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.