HELP: linker ld: cannot locate file for -lposix4

HELP: linker ld: cannot locate file for -lposix4

Post by Michael Pa » Fri, 02 May 2003 04:34:37

Hi,

I was wondering then, since your on the topic of compilers....
I have a Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0 (Rev. 910) box with
its own bundled CC isntalled but I cannot seem to verify that
the library posix4 is present.  Advise me please on how to
tell.  Naturally I am compiling using the -lposix4 flag.  I need
this flag.

Mike Pal

1. Help: Cannot Locate directory/files after SCSI error

Dear netters:

    I desperately need help for recovering files from a SCSI error that

happen unexpectedly. The computer is a silicon personal IRIS running under

IRIX 3.31. After reseting the machine, I could not locate directory and

files under a major directory (/usr/disk3 ). This directory contains all

my work files. The du command reported the same amount of space before

crash. But trying to login to this directory will fail (no such directory
exists).

     I do have a backup, but the problem is the machine will complain that
not enough space to restore (92% has been reported used before and after

crash, leaving only 12 meg left, which is far from enough ).

     Would any export in this field help me? I am using the machine to do

a major programming project and I am also the superuser.

     Thanks in advance for any help.

     Yaohong Jiang
     Queen's U.

2. C Compiler settings

3. "ld: fatal: file /dev/zero: cannot mmap file: Not enough space"... but why ?

4. Unable to open file descriptor

5. ld: fatal: file <filename>: cannot msync file; errno=12 on 2.5

6. simple math

7. Help with ld linker

8. Setting up Squid

9. gnu ld 2.3 linker error. HELP!

10. /usr/i486-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -lXt: No such file or directory

11. Problems compiling with gcc- "ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory"

12. gpc:ld: cannot open -lgcc : no such file or directory

13. Getting error: ld: cannot open -lX11: No such file or directory?