how to install gtk

Post by lind » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:40:00

can anybody tell me how to install gtk+ in alpha tru64 os? thanks in advance

how to install gtk

Post by Nico Kadel-Garci » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:45:39

> can anybody tell me how to install gtk+ in alpha tru64 os? thanks in advance

DEC^H^H^H Compaq^H^H^H HP^H^H^H whatever they're called this week used
to publish RPM's for this, available from their web site and FTP sites.
It's how I install a lot of Free Software Foundation tools on my boxes.

how to install gtk

Post by David Beatt » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:13:49

    If you have not already done so, you will need to install the RPM
package manager on the Open Source CD.  If I remember correctly,
there is a SETUP script on the CD (I can't remember the path).  The
script will allow you to select other packages on that CD, including
gtk+.

    Once the RPM package manager is installed, you can look at it's
man pages (/usr/local/man) on how to use rpm.  Of course, if you've
managed Linux systems, you should already know how to use rpm.

David R. Beatty

>can anybody tell me how to install gtk+ in alpha tru64 os? thanks in advance

how to install gtk

Post by lind » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:49:20

yes, i know that, i have installed the pkg-config and then  install glib
,but it was failed ,after "./configure", it said configure error:
***pkg-config not found, but i installed the pkgconfig-0.15.0 to /usr/local
why?

Quote:> can anybody tell me how to install gtk+ in alpha tru64 os? thanks in
advance

how to install gtk

Post by Big » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:09:19

In the directory will be config.log, that might tell you where its
going wrong or at least what configure is checking. Make sure your
PATH contains /usr/local/bin and LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains
/usr/local/lib.

>can anybody tell me how to install gtk+ in alpha tru64 os? thanks in advance

how to install gtk

Post by lind » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:58:52

now configure is pass,but make has error, " in trio.c  /Identifer expected
but not found .(Idexpected) TRIO_VA_START(args,format). can anyone help
me?thanks

> In the directory will be config.log, that might tell you where its
> going wrong or at least what configure is checking. Make sure your
> PATH contains /usr/local/bin and LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains
> /usr/local/lib.

> >can anybody tell me how to install gtk+ in alpha tru64 os? thanks in
advance

1. need help installing GTK+1.2.8 on Solaris 8 (Intel)

Hi! I am new to the unix world, currently I have Solaris 8 on Intel
Platform. I try to upgrade my GTK+ to GTK+1.2.8 (Solaris 8 includes
GTK+1.2.7). I have removed glib1.2.7 and complied/installed glib1.2.8 in the
same place that Solaris 8 originally installed (/opt/sfw) then I try to
configure GTK+1.2.8, it goes into /opt/sfw/bin/glib-config and tells me that
my glib is not glib1.2.8. What else should I do to compile my GTK? Thanks

Mark

2. LILO and dual-boot OS/2

3. problem with installing gtk+ from cvs source tree.

4. GCC Problem

5. How to install GTK themes?

6. Doom

7. HELP: Installing gtk+ in SuSE 6.4 PPC

8. Open Vs Closed source security comparsions.

9. how do i get gnome to see the installed gtk header files?!?!

10. How to install gtk+ and glib in Redhat 5.0

11. Newbie installing GTK

12. Problem install gtk

13. installing gtk