setld/fverify

Post by denn.. » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:56:28

Hi all. I have created a kit that is meant to be installed to a directory
the
user
specifies and then a link is create from where the user installs the product
to the
root directory (i.e /mydir -> /opt/mydir, where /opt is the place the user
specifies
the binaries to be installed). I know to use the -D option with setld to
specify
the directory to be preprended to my product but I've run into a problem.
When
manually run fverify after the installation, I get errors because all the
directories
and files can't be found (i.e. ./mydir/.... cannot stat no such file or
directory).
I did not see an option for fverify to correct this problem. Is there some
sort of
variable that can be added to the KIT.inv file to make fverify (or any other
system
command) prepend the installed kits "root" directory??? I hope this
makes
sense,
I'm new to digital. Thanks in advance.

1. setld -d doesn't delete directories created when installing product with setld -l

I have created a product kit with 1 subset and installed it on a test
system. This product creates several directories and files. However,
when I try to remove the product, all the files are removed, but the
(now empty) directories remain.

I have tried the following:

- Setting the subset flag to 0 or 2 in the key file

- Setting the volatility flag in the master inventory file to 0 or 2

- Installing on 4.0D and 5.1A

- Changing permissions of the directories to be installed and their
parent directories

These directories do not exist on the servers prior to product
installation.

I could create a subset control program to do the deletion, but it
would become messy as it would have to be updated every time I added a
directory to the product.

Is there an easier way?

2. ntfs mount

3. setld -d doesn't delete directories that are created as part of a product installed with setld -l

4. 3c590 and 3c595 together on an ASUS 55TP4N ?? How?

5. setld shows packages but also says they are not installed etc...

6. sybase server pegs cpu on sparc 20/solaris 2.4

7. Using setld to resinstall subsets with patches

8. New version of procps

9. Combining multiple setld install kits

10. Help with 'setld' subset control programs?

11. Looking up setld subsets

12. Calling External Scripts From Within A "setld" SCP?