Can't Build Kernel Module on V5.1A - no Module created

Can't Build Kernel Module on V5.1A - no Module created

Post by Ron Jol » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:39:17

Hi All
I am porting a driver to execute on Tru64 5.1A but cannot get the
build procedure to create a .mod file. I am running on Tru64 5.1A with
the latest patches and my compiler is Compaq C V6.4-215 (dtk) on
Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (Rev(1885).  I followed the example in
section 10.1 of the "Writing Kernel Modules" version August 2000,
Document AA-RHYGB-TE.
It appears to be successful when creating the "files" fragment in Step
3, and OK in the step 4, "Create a BINARY.list" file, OK at the step 5
"Create the sysconfgitab File Fragment but when I get to step 10.1.6,
"Create a Makefile" the "mymod.mod" file is not created in the
/usr/sys/BINARY directory.  I have also followed the Driver
Development Tool version 2.0 but still without success.  The
"sourceconfig" utility does not spit out any errors. Is there a method
to turn on error messages so it can tell me why the mod file refuses
to be created?  The source for the driver is one
that I am porting from Digital Unix 4.0E if that helps diagnose the
problem.

Any Help appreciated..

Ron

1. Kernel upgrade: make modules -> nothing to do for 'modules' and complains afterwards ?

Hi,

I upgraded kernel on one of my Linux boxes and
I don't quite understand why it doesn't want to
upgrade my modules too. Basically I did typical
steps:
make config
make dep
make clean
make zdisk
make modules
and here I'm getting the abovementioned "nothing to do",
however after following booting I'm getting lots of loud
complains that "modules do not match". Does any one
have any idea why it can be ?

Thanks for any help,
Rgds,

Andrei

2. How start a program in shell?

3. Module deps when building stacked module outside of kernel source tree

4. Low-cost wireless networking in Linux

5. can't probe ppp module in kernel 2.2.2.5-15 using loadable module

6. Send beep to console when someone logs in

7. Compile probs with 1.1.22

8. Opening a kernel module from another kernel module

9. Ft. Worth - Linux Kernel Module Programmer - Unix kernel modules & Unix device drivers

10. install halts: "cannot create /modules/modules.cgz..."

11. Debian 3.0: can't build a kernel module.

12. module-init-tools 0.9.3, rmmod modules with '-'