KZPAC support on Tru64 5.1>

Post by hpaq.n » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:04:01

So - does Tru64 no longer support this RAID controller.

IF it does, is there some patch to download

I was trying to load 5.1 and 5.1a today on a DS20e and it kept saying no
hard disks were found even though a mirror set had been built

Comments please\

David

--
Island Computers US Corp.
2700 Gregory Street

www.hpaq.net

KZPAC support on Tru64 5.1>

Post by Adam Pric » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:24:30

> So - does Tru64 no longer support this RAID controller.

> IF it does, is there some patch to download

> I was trying to load 5.1 and 5.1a today on a DS20e and it kept saying no
> hard disks were found even though a mirror set had been built

> Comments please\

> David

From the release notes for 5.1
---------
2.3.1.1 KZESC and KZPSC Array Controllers
The KZESC and KZPSC storage array controllers have been retired.
The KZPAC storage array controller is still supported.
----------------------
That last line there suggests that it is still supported in 5.1.
I didn't check if the DS20e has any problems with that card, perhaps
that is a more productive direction to check?
HTH
Adam

KZPAC support on Tru64 5.1>

Post by us.. » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:19:48

"I was trying to load 5.1 and 5.1a today on a DS20e and it kept
 saying no hard disks were found even though a mirror set had
 been built"

   I have a DS20 and it accepted the KZPAC OK for a v5.1 install
   and v5.1A upgrade.

   Do you have another RAID card in that box? We do. We had to
   remove the second RAID card (KZPCC) to allow the v5.1A upgrade
   to start using the KZPAC card and disks.

   Goodluck,

   -- mahendra

KZPAC support on Tru64 5.1>

Post by hpaq.n » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:30:16

No other disk controller

What about for the ES40 - Tried it on that and it did the same thing

DT

> "I was trying to load 5.1 and 5.1a today on a DS20e and it kept
>  saying no hard disks were found even though a mirror set had
>  been built"

>    I have a DS20 and it accepted the KZPAC OK for a v5.1 install
>    and v5.1A upgrade.

>    Do you have another RAID card in that box? We do. We had to
>    remove the second RAID card (KZPCC) to allow the v5.1A upgrade
>    to start using the KZPAC card and disks.

>    Goodluck,

>    -- mahendra

KZPAC support on Tru64 5.1>

Post by Adam Pric » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:50:29

> No other disk controller

> What about for the ES40 - Tried it on that and it did the same thing

Ok David,
Lets fall back a bit here, from the SRM prompt can you see the mirrorset
with show dev?
If so exactly what errormessages do you get when you try to install 5.1?
Adam

KZPAC support on Tru64 5.1>

Post by Islan » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 02:12:57

Yes

We see the mirrorset - RAID 1

Once it scans the system hardware it comes up saying the system appears to
have no disks.
And quits on us

I tried three different KZPAC's - one channel and three channel

The system installs beautifully using a Ultra 2 SCSI (KZPCA) regular
controller

There is obviously someything funky about Tru64 5.1 forward on the ES40

David

Quote:> > No other disk controller

> > What about for the ES40 - Tried it on that and it did the same thing

> Ok David,
> Lets fall back a bit here, from the SRM prompt can you see the mirrorset
> with show dev?
> If so exactly what errormessages do you get when you try to install 5.1?
> Adam

KZPAC support on Tru64 5.1>

Post by Jean-Denis Portel » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:41:31

> Yes

> We see the mirrorset - RAID 1

> Once it scans the system hardware it comes up saying the system appears to
> have no disks.
> And quits on us

> I tried three different KZPAC's - one channel and three channel

> The system installs beautifully using a Ultra 2 SCSI (KZPCA) regular
> controller

> There is obviously someything funky about Tru64 5.1 forward on the ES40

> David

Hi,

I install last month a DS20 with a KZPCA-AA and KZPAC-CB.
I use the KZPAC for boot and data raid 1 disks, and KZPCA for tape and
internal drive.

It's working normaly

I had strange working during my first install because i was pluging
the card in HOSE 0 pci slot.

You need use KZPAC in HOSE 1 on DS20 server.

Perhaps this could help you.

JD

1. KZPAC support under Tru64 5.1>

Has support been taken out of 5.1 for theKZPAC/KZPSC controller

I t's working fine with 4.0D but with 5.1 it's saying no disks present ???

David

--
David B Turner
Sales Dpt

www.islandco.com
http://www.islandco.com/legal-email.htm

We sell Alpha's !

2. token ring

3. Migration Tru64 4.0D to Tru64 5.1

4. kill source

5. tru64 upgrade (5.1->5.1b) - need advice

6. Question about Unix spooler designs

7. Upgrade of DU4.0D(patch6) -> Tru64 5.1

8. Pentium Optimized GCC

9. Shared libraries support for gdb 5.0 on tru64 5.1

10. Patching tru64 5.1/trucluster 5.1

11. Q: RedHat 5.1 and 2.1.88->106: No Aliasing support (yes there is)

12. Do IRIX and Tru64 C++ compilers support headers like <cstdio>?

13. Display setup problem on Tru64 Unix 5.1 system.