ftp upload performance

Post by Dave Bur » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:05:42

Hi,
 I have an ES45, Tru64 version 5.1a.  FTP Upload performance is good,
download performance is horrid.  I've verified speed and duplex (SET
EWA0_MODE FastFD) and the switch is set for 100/Full.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

ftp upload performance

Post by Pit Linnar » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:54:15

Could be many things. take a look at the interface counters and the
size of your socket- and tcpsend-/recv- buffers. The following links
describe this in more detail.

http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51A_HTML/ARH9G...

http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/best_practices/BP_GIGABIT/TITLE.HTM

http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/internet/TITLE.HTM

Pit

1. Cronjob moves files from ftp upload directory before upload is complete

Hello,

I am running a cronjob that moves files from several users ftp upload
directories into another directory and processes these files. The problem I
am encountering is that files that are in the process of uploading are moved
before the upload is complete resulting in a partial file moved.
What is the best way to handle this?

Mike

2. RewriteCond

3. VERY slow FTP uploads, downloads are fine --ppp or ftp setup problem?

4. SB 16 SCSI II and CD-Rom's

5. ftp://ftp.uven.ru/pub/uploads/Mp3FromBansaiForKomis/DtD10.mp3

6. ISR Question

7. ppp upload vs download performance

8. SSH and motd

9. File Uploads; Big Performance Diff. Between User OS's

10. Poor HTTP based file upload performance to Apache

11. Compression for better down/upload performance (was: Deprecating .gz format on kernel.org)

12. Uploading performance in LVS(Linux Virtual Server)?

13. vsftpd - chown on upload (Q: migrating "upload" directive from wu_ftpd ftpaccess)