setld -d doesn't delete directories created when installing product with setld -l

setld -d doesn't delete directories created when installing product with setld -l

Post by Grah » Thu, 09 May 2002 23:28:32

I have created a product kit with 1 subset and installed it on a test
system. This product creates several directories and files. However,
when I try to remove the product, all the files are removed, but the
(now empty) directories remain.

I have tried the following:

- Setting the subset flag to 0 or 2 in the key file

- Setting the volatility flag in the master inventory file to 0 or 2

- Installing on 4.0D and 5.1A

- Changing permissions of the directories to be installed and their
parent directories

These directories do not exist on the servers prior to product
installation.

I could create a subset control program to do the deletion, but it
would become messy as it would have to be updated every time I added a
directory to the product.

Is there an easier way?

1. setld -d doesn't delete directories that are created as part of a product installed with setld -l

I have created a product kit with 1 subset and installed it on a test
system. This product creates several directories and files. However,
when I try to remove the product, all the files are removed, but the
(now empty) directories remain.

I have tried the following:

- Setting the subset flag to 0 or 2 in the key file

- Setting the volatility flag in the master inventory file to 0 or 2

- Installing on 4.0D and 5.1A

- Changing permissions of the directories to be installed and their
parent directories

These directories do not exist on the servers prior to product
installation.

I could create a subset control program to do the deletion, but it
would become messy as it would have to be updated every time I added a
directory to the product.

Is there an easier way?

2. X and Matrox Millennium

3. Help with 'setld' subset control programs?

4. group 0 not in group?

5. setld shows packages but also says they are not installed etc...

6. Linux to continue to grow and gain more support for the desktop

7. Combining multiple setld install kits

8. Need to setup snmp on solaris

9. Using setld to resinstall subsets with patches

10. Looking up setld subsets

11. setld/fverify

12. Calling External Scripts From Within A "setld" SCP?

13. How to allow Create Directory but not Delete Directory in Samba?