Cloning LSM disks and using the clones on 5.1A

Cloning LSM disks and using the clones on 5.1A

Post by Dor Juravs » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 03:35:43

Hello,
I have an LSM stripe of 4 disks.
I cloned the disks and am using the clones on a different server.
When I run "voldisk define /dev/disk/...." I see the the status of the
cloned disks is "online aliased".

This means I cannot use the disks and "import" the disk-group as I did
before 5.1A.
Did anyone manage to do that on 5.1A ?

Thank you
Dor

1. Made a clone of Linux server and that clone is very ill....

There is sever with two identical disks. Let's call
them Disk_A and Disk_B. When Disk_A is connected
(only this one) to server everything is okey.
I have cloned Disk_A to identical Disk_B with
Norton Ghost, and then connected it to sever
exclusively. After restart I get Lilo error

"L 01 01 01 01".

Can you help me... I have searched Net, but
nothing have found... What should I do?

Leszek

2. matching *.html and *.htm with one pattern

3. 4.3.2 - using alt disk rootvg cloning

4. Ethernet pcmcia card configuration

5. Using "dd" to clone disks

6. e-mail virtual servers

7. cloning M$ hard disks using Linux

8. Problem: Apache: cannot determine local host name

9. Any software to clone disk, backup disk volume and encrypt file?

10. How Clone a hard disk on a Ultra10 (IDE disks ) ?

11. copying / cloning a system disk, can't find an exact answer.

12. Cloning disks

13. how to clone a disk