ttloop: peer died: not owner in Syslog.dated

ttloop: peer died: not owner in Syslog.dated

Post by Curt » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 02:55:50

Getting "telnetd(PID):ttloop: peer died: Not owner" error(?) in
/var/adm/syslog.dated. This is on a DEC Alphaserver 1200.
Tru64 version 4.0D.
Is this a problem? What is it?

ttloop: peer died: not owner in Syslog.dated

Post by Martin Brod » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:49:12

I saw this for the first time also in the last couple of days on one
of our servers. Doing a search on the net, has not provided any
conclusive reason for it; but the general consensus on other *nix
platforms is that it may be the telnet port is being scanned. I
thought the message might have been the result of an attempted telnet,
but refusal because of policies setup in the hosts.allow or similar
policy file - but I think this would be more descriptive.

Marty

> Getting "telnetd(PID):ttloop: peer died: Not owner" error(?) in
> /var/adm/syslog.dated. This is on a DEC Alphaserver 1200.
> Tru64 version 4.0D.
> Is this a problem? What is it?

1. TTloop: Peer died: unknown error in syslog (tcp stop / tcp start needed)

We are using sco 5.0.5

Can anyone help me with the following error

In /usr/adm/syslog the following error

TTloop:   peer died unknown error

Once in about 4 days we get this message in syslog, and all P.C's are not
pingable from the server anymore.
When we do tcp stop / tcp start it is working again.

( We are using dhcp, could this be the problem ? )

Any suggestions ?

:(

2. Any good'n'cheap SCSI Card for Linux?

3. What is this: ttloop: peer died?

4. Routing problem with 5 NIC's !

5. Telnet Failure ttloop: peer died

6. boot from Cd

7. ttloop: peer died

8. HEEEELP Image CAPTURE

9. telnetd: ttloop: peer died

10. Telnet Failure ttloop: peer died

11. Telnetd error: ttloop: peer died: No such file or directory

12. "Peer died" in ttloop, telnet