Change Video Driver?

Post by Tom Sev » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I installed Tru64 v5.0 on a 433a/au with an S3 Virge video card in it.

Tru64 only installed a generic VGA driver (640x480x4bpp) and it stinks

Can I run doconfig to create a new kernal with the correct driver?  And does
anyone know which driver I would select?

Thanks,
Tom Sevy

1. Help changing video driver

As you can tell I am very new to Linux.  I originally had a 2MB S3 video
card in my Linux machine.  I have up graded it to a 4MB S3 video card.
How do I change the driver?  Currently, I am difficulty exiting X
Windows and my boss thought it might be due to the new video card.  When
Linux starts up, no problem, all the words seem fine.  If I go to X
Windows everything is still fine, even in XTerm.  But once I exit from X
Windows, all the words on the screen are "garbled" up.  The letters are
out of order but linux is still working fine.  If I type telnet or
startx, those respective programs run fine.  If I use telnet it will
work however the words are still garbled.  If I return to X Windows then
evrything is fine, even in XTerm, until I exit again.  So the only way
for me to work in a true linux environment without X Windows, is when I
first start up.  I apoligize for the length of this message and will
truely appreciate any advise on my problem, be it a video driver or not.

Thanks,
Mike B.

2. V440 - disks on different controllers?

3. where to find a binary distribution?

4. How To Change Video Driver?

5. md5

6. How do you Change the video Driver?

7. Modem speed or lack thereof.....

8. Changing resolution without "no video driver"

9. How do I change drivers for video and monitors

10. Can't change video resolutions for 3D Blaster Banshee Video Card

11. Jaton Video 67 PRO PCI VIDEO CARD DRIVERS

12. Which video driver for ASUS video/audio adapter?