setld shows packages but also says they are not installed etc...

setld shows packages but also says they are not installed etc...

Post by d0 » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 01:00:32

I am attempting to upgrade a 4.0e system to 4.0f.  In order to do so I
have to remove the layered products. In our case, Open3D.  Well, I
removed them all using setld -d and it seemed to successfully removed
them. Or at least it claimed to have done so.  Yet when I do a -i and
look for them again they are all still there. Yet on the other hand -v
claims the packages do not exist. Now it gets real dirty...

installupdate reports to me still that I can not upgrade because I have
the Open3D layered product installed.

-d will not work anymore because half of setld is claiming its not
installed and the other half claiming otherwise.

Anyone know how I get the package database to sync or at the very least
fix this issue?

Thanks.

Post by Dave Uhrin » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 06:40:54

> Anyone know how I get the package database to sync or at the very
> least fix this issue?

A quick and dirty hack to do this is to delete the appropriate files
from /usr/.smdb.

Post by d0 » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 23:09:01

>> Anyone know how I get the package database to sync or at the very least
>> fix this issue?

> A quick and dirty hack to do this is to delete the appropriate files
> from /usr/.smdb.

Thanks for the info. It seems to have done the trick.

1. setld -d doesn't delete directories created when installing product with setld -l

I have created a product kit with 1 subset and installed it on a test
system. This product creates several directories and files. However,
when I try to remove the product, all the files are removed, but the
(now empty) directories remain.

I have tried the following:

- Setting the subset flag to 0 or 2 in the key file

- Setting the volatility flag in the master inventory file to 0 or 2

- Installing on 4.0D and 5.1A

- Changing permissions of the directories to be installed and their
parent directories

These directories do not exist on the servers prior to product
installation.

I could create a subset control program to do the deletion, but it
would become messy as it would have to be updated every time I added a
directory to the product.

Is there an easier way?

2. Instant messaging options

3. cc says: language optional software package not installed

4. Problem with Dlink DFE-538TX NIC on RH7.0

5. patchadd fails saying packages are not installed (Solaris 7)

6. Website Translation into German

7. Help!-Debian 2.0 dselect always say need libc6 install- but shows already installed!

8. Adding users in AIX

9. Debian dselect always says libc6 needs install - but shows already installed!

10. Physical memory not showing up (48M installed, only showing 14M)

11. ncurse says "this terminal does not support color", I am using color xterm!

12. Why are some packages installed in all zones for Solaris 10, but some packages are not ?

13. i am getting the follwoing error while install the packages