NFS

Post by Srikanth Seshadr » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I have this message appearing in kern.log in syslog directory.
Aug 22 19:42:51 sgssmcpd vmunix: NFS3 server sgssmcdv ok
Aug 22 19:43:11 sgssmcpd vmunix: NFS3 server sgssmcdv not responding still
tryin
g.

I use SAP, NFS is very important part of it. Please advice how do I solve
this problem.

Best regards,
Srikanth

NFS

Post by Eckhardt Wallmerot » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

make sure that the settings of your network card match with the settings of
your hub/switch/router.

1. NFS BW-NFS and PC-NFS

I am having trouble mounting a file system on my linux box.  I have tried
to use either BW-NFS or PC-NFS on several PC's to mount a machine running
Linux (1.1.18).  I have portmapper running along with mountd , and either
PC-NFS or BW-NFS daemons.

I try to map d: to a file system that is in my exports file and the PC hangs.
Has anyone seen this problem.  I am able to use telnet and ping from these
machines but NFS is not working.

Thomas Glaser
PC/Network Admin.
University Book Store

2. Installing AIX on an OLD 320

3. Kernel-nfs working, plain nfs not working.

4. iget_locked [6/6]

5. really slow NFS (was: Faster NFS wanted: advice solicited)

6. does CERT sendmail adv. affect Linux sendmail users?

7. Frequency of NFS lock problems w/ NFS mounted mail spool

8. Flushing the read and write buffers

9. linux NFS server problem - can't ls in the NFS mounted directory.

10. Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.

11. HACMP NFS cluster and stale NFS mounts

12. Can NFS mount an NFS again?!

13. NFS-root NFS mouting problem