ES-40 CPUs (CPU VIO Warn)

Post by d0 » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:11:42

We have a dual cpu es40 here.  We recently purchased two more including
ram etc.  Does anyone know what and if anything special needs to be done
to put these CPUs in the machine?  We can put any 2 of the 4 cpus in in
any combination in slots 0 and 1.  But if we put any cpus in slot 2
and/or 3 we get an error message:

CPU2 VIO Warn

Where 2 will be 2 or 3 depending on what the last slot out of 2 or 3 we
have a cpu in.

SRM 6.0-31. It never gets to P00 prompt.  It hands at this error on the
LCD panel.  We have 3 power supplies in the machine and they all check
out.

ES-40 CPUs (CPU VIO Warn)

Post by DS Grou » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:41:05

I recently installed new cpus in our ES40, and ran into a problem of the
cpus being at different rev levels. Verify that all cpus are at the same
level.

Quote:> We have a dual cpu es40 here.  We recently purchased two more including
> ram etc.  Does anyone know what and if anything special needs to be done
> to put these CPUs in the machine?  We can put any 2 of the 4 cpus in in
> any combination in slots 0 and 1.  But if we put any cpus in slot 2
> and/or 3 we get an error message:

> CPU2 VIO Warn

> Where 2 will be 2 or 3 depending on what the last slot out of 2 or 3 we
> have a cpu in.

> SRM 6.0-31. It never gets to P00 prompt.  It hands at this error on the
> LCD panel.  We have 3 power supplies in the machine and they all check
> out.

1. NIC ports on an ES-40 and Tru64 4.0f/g

Any know if there is a limitation on the nic ports in an ES-40 running
Tru64 4.0f or g?  I have heard two stories from vendors now.  One says
they think it is limited to 6 and the other claims there is no
limitation accept the physical limitations of hardware (ie: slots and
only one quad card due to its chipset).

Anyone know what the real limit if any is?

TIA.

2. Actiontec modem (was Re: Call Waiting Modems / Low Connect Speeds)

3. Lilo "L 40 40 40 40 40 40..."

4. Kerneld & request-route keep dialing!

5. LILO saying "L 40 40 40 40 40 40..."

6. ppp problem SuSE 5.2/kppp

7. Sun license manager...1%cpu...1%cpu...50%cpu50%cpu50%cpu....

8. PCI bus freq with CPU freq at (X * 40)Mhz?

9. Pls help : rpc.statd using 20-40% cpu on HP-UX

10. wanted: Sparc 10/40 CPU board

11. Why is this taking more thatn 40% oc CPU time on Pyramid ?

12. Lilo spits "L 40 40 40 40"...