Tru64 cluster features

Post by Jakob Erbe » Fri, 17 May 2002 22:12:53

Hello,
(sorry for the last entry with same title)

I'm looking for a document, which explains in a concentrated form, what
cluster features Tru64 has to offer.

any hints are welcome

Jakob

--
What I publish in this group, is to be understood as my personal opninion
and must not be interpreted as a official statement of my company

Tru64 cluster features

Post by Michael Heimin » Sat, 18 May 2002 03:23:22

Quote:> Hello,
> (sorry for the last entry with same title)

> I'm looking for a document, which explains in a concentrated form,
> what cluster features Tru64 has to offer.

Did you thought about the online docs?

http://www.tru64unix.compaq.com/docs/cluster_doc/cluster_51A/HTML/ARH...

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

1. OSF1/DUNIX/Tru64 features

Okay, HP, you won !  You've got the $$$'s, so you get to call the shots.  "Unix is is
Unix" (yeah, right, and I have a bridge to sell ...), but there are a few things you
should really look at before "throwing the baby out with the bath water"

My personal favorite is the Advanced File System.

It is crash proof.  Never fear someone accidentally pulling the plug on a
workstation.  I am responsible for about 75 systems and I haven't lost a filesystem
in over 5 years.  You'll never fsck again !

Also, the ability to create/re-size "partition" (they are actually call filesets) **
ON THE FLY ** is INVALUABLE !!  How else can you reasonably deal with a RAID set over
100 Gb ?

Add your personal favorite OSF1/DUNIX/Tru64 "feature" to this list.

Carly, are you listening ?  (Curly sure wasn't !)

--

Jack Patteeuw

2. Recursive touch

3. What is a Tru64 Cluster & what happens on failover?

4. warnings with iso9660 fs

5. Clustering Compaq XP1000 under Tru64 ?

6. Why <HTML>,<HEAD>,<BODY>?

7. Multiple IP aliases in Tru64 ASE cluster

8. Unix Admin Training only $7.99 - Must Read

9. incompatibility between LINUX (on AMD) and Compaq Tru64 Unix 4.0F (on HPC-Digital Cluster ) ?

10. Tru64 5.1a cluster

11. Tru64 + Cluster + Oracle

12. Tru64 Cluster

13. mounting ODS-2 file systems, heterogenous Tru64/VMS clusters