How to centralized all sendmail messages to a unique mailbox ?

How to centralized all sendmail messages to a unique mailbox ?

Post by Philippe DESCARSI » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:34:38

Hi all,

Is it possible to redirect or send a copy of all messages with Unix Sendmail
to a unique external mailbox ? I have some Unix machines and i would like to
have a copy of all user's mailboxes redirected to a unique mailbox like

Thank's,

Philippe

Post by Nikola Milutinovi » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:42:53

> Is it possible to redirect or send a copy of all messages with Unix
Sendmail
> to a unique external mailbox ? I have some Unix machines and i would like
> have a copy of all user's mailboxes redirected to a unique mailbox like

For a particular account, use "aliases". For all accounts, you're advised to
look into Milter API.

Nix.

1. Sendmail, large/corrupted mailboxes, & locking of mailboxes

Hi,

We've a user on a Linux server (V4.xx) who had some large emails that
came in recently.  when a pop connection is made to reteive the
messages:

a) Depending on the pop client, it either stalls on sending the
password, or reports no new messages.
b) The maillog file (updated by sendmail?) refers to this user as a
"kiss of death user" instead of a "user" for the pop connections made.
c) there is a zero byte <username>.lock file in /var/spool/mail,
generated on each pop connection.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I've looked through the How-Tos &
man pages with no luck.

TIA, Stu.
Stuart Summerville
Project Engineer
Practel Surveillance Systems

2. c compiler message: undefined reference to 'pow'

3. Redirecting mail messages from user mailbox to another mailbox

4. FTP scripts

5. Extract all messages from VMS mailbox to a unix sendmail file format?

6. cron tab question

7. Print only messages with unique numbers

8. mouse problem

9. mailbox vs. non-mailbox SCSI controller?

10. "disk isn't unique" message at ok> prompt

11. sendmail stores all messages in sendmail.log?

12. sed one-liner for deleting messages in mailbox?

13. How to change the mailbox size for Linux's SendMail?